1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Dennis Panlilio

Dennis Panlilio Oakley Expert Premium Member

Just wanted to share the link to this rare piece to our Oakley Community here. I know there are some members here that love knives as much as Oakley's. This is a perfect marriage of both passions. The first one that was ever sold out was around $1000 and was donated to charity. The seller is asking $2500 for this one. I've uploaded some photos from the listing for reference in the eventuality that the listing ends and members still want to view what this item was.

RARE Strider Oakley 1 1 Carbon Fiber Mcsocom Special Forces Military Knife | eBay

Oakley Carbon Fiber Strider Knife - Photo Jul 01 5 59 47 PM_zps9rmtxxmx (1).jpg Oakley Carbon Fiber Strider Knife - Photo Jul 01 6 00 21 PM_zpsqfmdrszk.jpg
    Oakley Carbon Fiber Strider Knife - Photo Jul 01 6 01 17 PM_zpsju31wsbt.jpg Oakley Carbon Fiber Strider Knife - Photo Jul 01 6 00 51 PM_zpsikju8qlf.jpg
    Oakley Carbon Fiber Strider Knife - Photo Jul 01 5 59 04 PM_zps85uy7one.jpg Oakley Carbon Fiber Strider Knife - Photo Jul 01 5 59 30 PM_zpshd3t5lbz.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dennis Panlilio

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Reading the description the seller is clearly wrong on several details and has no actual knowledge of the knife's mechanics.

I'm not claiming anything, just know that this seller isn't a knife person, or a machinist or anything like that.

4. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

"Forged" carbon fibre?

I thought more than one of these were made...

I'm guessing the Elite box is an add on?

I'm always worried for a potential buyer when I see these poorly written descriptions...

5. Rustpot

Yeah, that was one of the quickest tipoffs.

I think somewhere in the 10-12 range were made from the last thing I saw on them. It was around the time of the Elite stuff since I think it was the UK company that did the C-6 who also did the scale on these, so they may have been done up in those boxes. No idea why they wouldn't have done the Elite logo, but they may have not had them to where it worked out. Hard to know without getting in touch with someone.

If this isn't the one that sold for $1000 like the ad mentions it will be the... fourth one I've seen photos of? One damascus, one with a red icon, and two like this.

6. Dennis Panlilio

Only 14 were made I believe and was never for sale. The handle is made from 80 layers of Carbon Fiber from Crosby Composites in the UK and was machine by Strider.

7. Rustpot

Yeah, all that info from the link I posted to another forum a while back.

Just going from memory here.

8. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

9. Rustpot

That's a product trade name and a bit of a misnomer. It's "forged" in the sense that it differs from laid carbon formed over molds/mandrels by being press-formed, but it's still not a forging process.

10. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

I was under the impression that it was different than normal curing in an autoclave, hence using "forged". They're not the only ones using it, Audemars Piguet describe their carbon cases as forged: In praise of forged carbon - Audemars Piguet Luxury Watches