• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Carbon Fiber Strider Knife

Dennis Panlilio

I should Work at Oakley
Manila, Philippines
Just wanted to share the link to this rare piece to our Oakley Community here. I know there are some members here that love knives as much as Oakley's. This is a perfect marriage of both passions. The first one that was ever sold out was around $1000 and was donated to charity. The seller is asking $2500 for this one. I've uploaded some photos from the listing for reference in the eventuality that the listing ends and members still want to view what this item was.

RARE Strider Oakley 1 1 Carbon Fiber Mcsocom Special Forces Military Knife | eBay

Photo Jul 01 5 59 47 PM_zps9rmtxxmx (1).jpg
Photo Jul 01 6 00 21 PM_zpsqfmdrszk.jpg

Photo Jul 01 6 01 17 PM_zpsju31wsbt.jpg
Photo Jul 01 6 00 51 PM_zpsikju8qlf.jpg

Photo Jul 01 5 59 04 PM_zps85uy7one.jpg
Photo Jul 01 5 59 30 PM_zpshd3t5lbz.jpg

Reading the description the seller is clearly wrong on several details and has no actual knowledge of the knife's mechanics.

I'm not claiming anything, just know that this seller isn't a knife person, or a machinist or anything like that.

Reading the description the seller is clearly wrong on several details and has no actual knowledge of the knife's mechanics.

I'm not claiming anything, just know that this seller isn't a knife person, or a machinist or anything like that.
"Forged" carbon fibre?

I thought more than one of these were made...

I'm guessing the Elite box is an add on?

I'm always worried for a potential buyer when I see these poorly written descriptions...

"Forged" carbon fibre?

I thought more than one of these were made...

I'm guessing the Elite box is an add on?
Yeah, that was one of the quickest tipoffs.

I think somewhere in the 10-12 range were made from the last thing I saw on them. It was around the time of the Elite stuff since I think it was the UK company that did the C-6 who also did the scale on these, so they may have been done up in those boxes. No idea why they wouldn't have done the Elite logo, but they may have not had them to where it worked out. Hard to know without getting in touch with someone.

If this isn't the one that sold for $1000 like the ad mentions it will be the... fourth one I've seen photos of? One damascus, one with a red icon, and two like this.

That's a product trade name and a bit of a misnomer. It's "forged" in the sense that it differs from laid carbon formed over molds/mandrels by being press-formed, but it's still not a forging process.
I was under the impression that it was different than normal curing in an autoclave, hence using "forged". They're not the only ones using it, Audemars Piguet describe their carbon cases as forged: In praise of forged carbon - Audemars Piguet Luxury Watches

Back