• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Carbon Fiber Strider Knife

COME GET ME
TWSS.

My now ex-father in law got me started on MREs. He is/was whatever the highest "officer" rank that a person can attain in the Army without actually going to officer school and he always seemed to get the cases that were getting close to going out of date. He brought them with us on a hunting trip a couple times and the concept was awesome to me (if you've read my "where did your name come from" post that's a big reason why) and I started eating them all the time.

Last time I got some was a couple cases off a guy on CL who only wanted $15 a case. The only other places I've found them have been surplus stores and they go for some ridiculous amount I won't pay.

Essentially these are the same as modern MREs' entree. I THINK that's the company that makes the actual MRE
I'd never seen those before. I gather from the crude images in the gallery that they don't heat up the water on their own like a MRE would?

No, they do make those, but this assumes you have a campstove and you're not holed up in who-knows-where.

Self-heating is expensive. $10each. But the ones I linked to are just the entree, no utensils, condiments, etc.

Amazon.com : Meal Kit Supply Premium Fresh MREs Meal with Heaters (12-Pack) : Sports & Outdoors
Wow. Never thought to check amazon for this kind of thing for some reason. That's almost half what the local surplus places want for them. Added to cart.

Back