• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Catapult and Twisted Goggles and Replacement Lenses

Kaduku

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

Anyways I'm looking to get a pair of goggles for this coming snowboarding season and I can't decide on which frame to get. Also does anyone have any opinions about the new Catapult and Twisted?

As for sunglasses I've been wondering if there are other places to get replacement Oakley lenses besides oakley.com and flea bay. I've been looking for a pair of ruby iridium lenses for my SI Fuel cell. Also an alternative is VL lenses but I'm a little hesitant because they are polarized (some polarized lenses can make the glareproof treatment on some aircraft instruments distorted)

PM or reply and thanks!

How much do you snowboard?

I have a pair of Crowbars that I've used for the past three seasons now and they're solid. If I were to upgrade I'd go with the Airbrake. The Airbrake, while more expensive, incorporates the SwitchLock technology so you can switch lenses on the fly. That's really appealing to me because being able to change lenses so easily to accomodate what type of conditions are on the slope can save a lot of time and scratches compared to non SwitchLock lenses.

If you're just a casual rider then go with what's comfortable for you. I do have to admit though, with goggles the cheaper you go the more often you'll be replacing them.

Wow I didn't know that about the Air Brake...its tempting. I started snowboarding last season when I got to Iowa for college and its addicting, my buddies and I are planning to get season passes. Right now I just got a lousy pair of Scotts that slip alot and look goofy. What's your take on the Catapult and Twisted?

Wow I didn't know that about the Air Brake...its tempting. I started snowboarding last season when I got to Iowa for college and its addicting, my buddies and I are planning to get season passes. Right now I just got a lousy pair of Scotts that slip alot and look goofy. What's your take on the Catapult and Twisted?
I haven't seen them in the store but from what I've seen online it seems like those two are probably going replace some of the older lower end models of goggles that are currently running. I think the Twisted has some customization capabilities with the strap clamp but that's more cosmetic than performance. It does say that it's a smaller frame so if you have a bigger head the Twisted may not be for you.

Like sunnies the best way to shop for goggles is to put them on. Some offer better peripheral vision than others. Some pin your ears down more than others. That's one of the main reasons why I picked the Crowbar. The lens clamps are extended outwards to lessen pressure on your temple and ears.

Back