• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Corvette Juliet

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
N

nightpusher1

Hi, Can anyone tell me, was the Corvette Juliet (JC serial) a Japan exclusive as the only reference in O review to a Carbon/24k Juliet is listed as Japan exclusive but doesn't specify that its the Corvette. What do you reckon the chances of finding one are, and how much would you pay for a boxed example- excellent condition .

Thankyou

Mine is lost in the military postal system. So somebody is going to find one for free.

Not that common, but a serial matched pair sold for less than $500 last month.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.Thanks for the info though.

Juliet - Carbon - 24K 12-628, is known to be associated with Corvette but there is no reference to this on either the packaging, contents, or glasses. It has been described as an exclusive to Japan but that is not correct, the piece was available at least in the UK from July 2003 to August 2004 and retailed at £235 via premium dealers. The chances of finding one are good if you keep looking, it is not a super rarity, but will be a strong challenge to find one in excellent/mint condition with serial that matches the box, for such a pair £400/£500 could be asked for.

This is a colorway that comes across way better in person. The contrast between the 24K lens and the carbon frame is a striking contrast.

So first, thanks for the inspiration to wear them today and a pic as requested:

8574041687_ca1283dfa1_c.jpg

I'll go out on a small limb and say that the reason that these are referred to as "Corvette" Juliets is that a small number were made with the Corvette logo etched in the left lens and presented to the Corvette team to commemorate their racing victories. As memory serves 20-50 pair tops were made for the Corvette Racing team.

This would be the closest off-the-shelf colorway to their racing livery.

As RVF noted they were not a Japan exclusive but rather ROW for us in the US. ~$500 is a good ballpark for a nice boxed example but again as RVF noted the box is simply a Juliet box with a white label w/ upc that simply states Juliet Carbon / 24K. Nothing fancy at all about the packaging so the colorway does the heavy lifting.

they were once once a japan exclusive. there is even a brochure that states that. i think dann may have it. long time since i have seen it. like the sunglasshut exclusives they eventually found their way into stores world wide. it is tied to the corvette team because they were the first to get and use it in 2001 or 2002 before it was sold at retail.

Back