• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Crankcase Question ...

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
I have a rather large head/face ... or would it be considered "wide" in the sunglass(es) world?

Either way, my Valve's & XX FMJ 5.56's fit me perfectly, but I have found another pair I really like the style of, but for some reason, they look narrow ...
Oakley Crankcase Matte Black w Ice Lrid Polar Lens | eBay

Anybody have an opinion or factual information to share with me on this?

Thank any & all very much for anything.

Last edited:
I've had the exact pairs you mentioned with the same results, perfect fit. I had a crankcase and it fit OK, but after a couple hours I'd really start feeling the pressure it put on my temples and nose.

I ended up trading them for a fuel cell and the fit on that was great. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of unobtainium. You never realize just how comfortable that stuff is until you have a pair without it.

I've had the exact pairs you mentioned with the same results, perfect fit. I had a crankcase and it fit OK, but after a couple hours I'd really start feeling the pressure it put on my temples and nose.

I ended up trading them for a fuel cell and the fit on that was great. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of unobtainium. You never realize just how comfortable that stuff is until you have a pair without it.

"Unobtainium" seems to be a strange word to use in eyewear. Admitted N()()B, but not ignorant to the English dictionary.

Any explanation(s)?

"Unobtainium" seems to be a strange word to use in eyewear. Admitted N()()B, but not ignorant to the English dictionary.

Any explanation(s)?
Oakley's patented rubber. Usually found on the nose and ear pieces of sports eyewear.

I recently sold my Crankcases because they touched my face, were hard to keep clean, and fogged at the top in the cold weather. I would say they are sized between the Fives Squared and Gascans. I plan to buy Straight Jackets as a replacement because they're more comfortable. I really liked the look of the Crankcases and the coverage they offered. I probably would have kept them, but someone locally offered me double what I paid for them :). Here they are on me and my wife is wearing Fives Squared:
1913472_10152322022613969_458495013_o_zpsbc7e22b0.jpg

I actually found them too big just slightly but my facd may be smaller than most

Well, I am 6'5" tall, & 330lbs ... & my face is a tad wide ... as some maybe can see in my avatar - me wearing my Valve's, ... which I absolutely love.

But a new question I have is has Oakley pretty much kept the sizes the same throughout the years with each model? I found another set of Valve's, but they are definitely a different style - probably newer than mine, but they look like they are nice & wide like the ones I have ... Any thoughts?

oakleyVALVEs1_zpsdce0cd1c.jpg

oakleyVALVEs_zpsbea30bbb.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back