• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Oakley Crosshair 1.0 / Gen 1

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
gaah.gif
I think I just got a gen 1 with no sizing info on the arm.

Now the question is... Would these vault replacement lenses fit that frame? Oakley CROSSHAIR™ REPLACEMENT LENSES available online at Oakley Vault

How does Oakley themselves identify the difference between the two frames? Anybody know?

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Here are some pics - I think they're probably the newer.
DSC05573.jpg

DSC05572.jpg

Thats actually the Earlier.....What color r they? I want titanium or something similar... I will get pics of the new edges tmr.

Username Hidden said:
gaah.gif
I think I just got a gen 1 with no sizing info on the arm.

Now the question is... Would these vault replacement lenses fit that frame? Oakley CROSSHAIR™ REPLACEMENT LENSES available online at Oakley Vault

How does Oakley themselves identify the difference between the two frames? Anybody know?

I dont think they actually do and most of the replacement lenses ive got from them are the later ones.. Its a problem haha.

Username Hidden said:
Thats actually the Earlier.....What color r they? I want titanium or something similar... I will get pics of the new edges tmr.

Thanks. Would like to see the new edges.

The ones on the Oakley Vault are not clearance price so I might possibly give a shot at ordering it after the frames arrive. Then I can ask for help here to confirm whether it's the rounded or L-shape edges and probably just ship it back if it's the latter.

And the plot thickens, I may have to give up on this and just sell the frames again unless Oakster has some Titanium Iridium Polarized. :p

customercareovault@oakley.com said:
Thanks for the email. We appreciate your interest in Oakley. I think what you may be referring to is the Crosshair and Crosshair S. The Crosshair S was a version of the Original Crosshair that was a smaller design than the Crosshair – there were no variations within the Crosshair line other than that. The Crosshair lenses on the website are designed to fit the original Crosshair sunglasses (not the Crosshair S). As long as you have the original Crosshair sunglasses, the lenses will fit. I hope this helps.

customercareovault@oakley.com said:
Thanks for the email. The Crosshair lenses are not returnable. They are considered a clearance item and we will not be able to accept any returns on them. Thanks again.

Bah! Full price but clearance item? What bull.

So all of my Crosshair lenses are the same shape and I have:
G30
Gold Irid
Fire
Brown Gradient
Ruby
Ice
All NIB.

Username Hidden said:
So all of my Crosshair lenses are the same shape and I have:
G30
Gold Irid
Fire
Brown Gradient
Ruby
Ice
All NIB.

oh! g30 and gold iridium! im interested! i should have the lens pics by the end of today!

here is the new lenses.. L cut edges

usabasup.jpg

3ujyna7e.jpg

Ahhh, see the difference now. Thanks for posting.

Back