• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Custom Configuration- Old v. New

Shldonator

Oakley Expert
I thought I would seek the advice of experts on their opinion of the recently changed Oakley Custom Configurator. Specifics questions are,
1. Do you even use it to dream up new combinations
2. Are you satisfied with the options presented
3. What would you change if you could change it.

I won't talk about why Im asking these questions except to say its a Sunday, Football season is over and I have nothing better to do with my time than surf the internet and dream up completely unnecessary blog posts.

1. Yeah, but also to see which earsocks I should get next.
2. Options are dictated by frame design and item stock, not the "Configurator". Save for LE schemes, OCP doesn't keep us from replicating regular items, so I can't be dissatisfied by that.
3. Only nitpick I could have is just changing color representation. Some of it is off. Maybe would like some added control over case/bag options when applicable.

Of course there are a lot of color schemes I'd want (splatter, etc), but it's a custom assembly mostly of existing options, not full custom job.

I would like to see two options to choose from : made in USA or made in China of course chinese should be half price

I think color accuracy / realism needs to be improved for lenses and frames, but that is really site-wide not just on the custom page

I would like to see two options to choose from : made in USA or made in China of course chinese should be half price
I was looking at some oakleys today and saw made in China and almost told the clerk he was selling fakes.

i don't like that most times the options i want aren't available. like a lens color or frame color i know they make for a frame won't be available in the options of the custom site. like ghost text or carbon frame options, ect...

i don't like that most times the options i want aren't available. like a lens color or frame color i know they make for a frame won't be available in the options of the custom site. like ghost text or carbon frame options, ect...
On that same note, I sort of wish they would indicate that a certain option exists but is not in stock. When options aren't in stock right now they just totally disappear.

I liked the other custom choice method better. But more importantly, I think the custom options are lacking greatly. The lens options are weak and minimal. They have quite a few frame options for most pairs offered, but what good is a pair of sunglasses without the lens you want or need?

I liked the other custom choice method better. But more importantly, I think the custom options are lacking greatly. The lens options are weak and minimal. They have quite a few frame options for most pairs offered, but what good is a pair of sunglasses without the lens you want or need?

I agree, I preferred the old custom tool. Way back when you could pretty much get any combo you wanted just by calling. Is that still possible?

The flip side of the lack of lens choices is that certain lenses are ONLY available custom. Like the Fast Jacket G40 Photochromic (and that is not the only one). I have to buy a new frame just to get the lens I want.

There is also a huge price hit if you buy a polarized lens or a photochromic in a custom set. For example, for the Flak's there is a $60 price difference between the Iridium and the polarized lenses while if you buy the lenses separately the difference is only $30. The same price discrepancy holds true for their non-custom pairs--I have never understood that pricing structure. Finally, just looking at the Flak's, and it looks like the custom surcharge has gone up. Wasn't it $15 extra to go custom? It now looks like it is $25.Or am I mistaken?

Back