• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Custom Orders - How Long does it take?

discodave

Go Navy!
Just wandering how long any of you have waited on your custom pairs (from the OAKLEY website). I know it can be up to 15 business days, and that sucks for someone as impatient as I am. :)

Waiting on a pair of Navy Blue Flak 2.0s with blue rubbers and custom etched gray lenses.

I ordered a custom Radarlock on the last day of F&F (sun 4/5) and the status now says "In Process - POP". No idea what that means. I don't mind the wait but I wish they used status updates that make sense.

its going to be all matte black ink, with black rubber, and polished chrome icons. I only wanted pitch non-vented lenses and the selection wasn't great so I got Grey Polarized and Clear, then ordered BIP and Daily Prizm replacement lenses. Sounds a little overkill but I've got a navy radarlock frame sitting in a drawer at home with zero lenses for it. These 4 should be a good array to swap around for almost any occasion.

My order has been updated to "in progress - n". Anybody know what the hell that means? The "N" is new. They should explain this crap on their website.

I have the answer:... It´s "Your order is in progress N-word".......it´s Oakleys new way to be cool and down with rappers and the kids these days.

My order has been updated to "in progress - n". Anybody know what the hell that means? The "N" is new. They should explain this crap on their website.

It could mean the missing part(s) have come in to stock so they will be built in the next batch, etc. I've seen personal orders take over 6 months due to availability and the status change multiple times during that wait.

It used to be anytime between March and September was basically the worst time to custom order popular sport frames, especially those favored by cyclists since it is (was) a different department with their own supply chain; despite what the main website my indicate is in stock.

It could mean the missing part(s) have come in to stock so they will be built in the next batch, etc. I've seen personal orders take over 6 months due to availability and the status change multiple times during that wait.

It used to be anytime between March and September was basically the worst time to custom order popular sport frames, especially those favored by cyclists since it is (was) a different department with their own supply chain; despite what the main website my indicate is in stock.
If that's the case I'd want to cancel the order. I'll come them and see what's up.

ordered some a few days ago....i aswell struggle with interperting what the statuses mean...
here is what mine says

In Progress
Placed:
Nov 11, 2015 3:13 PM

DELIVERY
In Process - POP

I ordered a custom Radarlock on the last day of F&F (sun 4/5) and the status now says "In Process - POP". No idea what that means. I don't mind the wait but I wish they used status updates that make sense.

its going to be all matte black ink, with black rubber, and polished chrome icons. I only wanted pitch non-vented lenses and the selection wasn't great so I got Grey Polarized and Clear, then ordered BIP and Daily Prizm replacement lenses. Sounds a little overkill but I've got a navy radarlock frame sitting in a drawer at home with zero lenses for it. These 4 should be a good array to swap around for almost any occasion.
The processing will change to shipped once the custom job is pieced together and literally "shipped"
Personally, I see no sense in custom jobs apart from getting the lens you want with some frames that you like. Despite that, you are getting a radarlock, so why not get a frame you like, then get more lens along the way? Customs, in my opinion are a bit of a rip-off

The processing will change to shipped once the custom job is pieced together and literally "shipped"
Personally, I see no sense in custom jobs apart from getting the lens you want with some frames that you like. Despite that, you are getting a radarlock, so why not get a frame you like, then get more lens along the way? Customs, in my opinion are a bit of a rip-off
ummmmm.... Well, That is definitely your perogative. Kuztomized ordered whatever he desired, even if the items in the custom are ubiquitous. Who are we to judge? The custom line carries a premium price for a reason. For certain lines, yes, one can just piece stuff together and possibly save some money. But that is definitely not the case for other frames.

:welcome: and :hi:

Back