• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Custom Shop Farce

oakley4lifeuk

Oakley Beginner
I ordered a pair of custom Flak 2's from Oakley 3 weeks ago. I've been excited to get them as I need to replace my old Flaks anyway, my order hasn't changed status in that time but I've been patient as I know customs can take 10 days to build and get ready. I received an email telling me that the status of my order had changed...at last, they're ready to be shipped...WRONG, order cancelled due to one or more items being out of stock!!! I know this can happen but it's their latest product, wouldn't you think they'd have enough parts mass produced as looking at the website now the item that is out of stock is the Gunmetal Icon!!!
I'm bored of Oakley as a company, their website and customer service among other things really need to be sorted out. Things like you can buy replacement Flak 2 lenses on Oakley.com but Oakley.co.uk they are coming soon...they all come from the same place anyway!!! And how can you let a 3rd party sell your product cheaper than you do...I ordered a pair of Jawbreakers at 8 30am April 1st only to find them a couple of days later on Shadestation for £20 or so cheaper!!! I only put up with such a bad company and poor service as they have great products but everyone has a breaking point!

OAKLEY SUCK

RANT OVER...and breath...!!!

I think they have been prematurely putting new products into OCP. When the M2 came out, they made it OCP, but then had to take it off because they were not fully ready with the parts. It's either that, or it has been really popular. I have already seen people with custom Flak 2.0's, so I think you were just unlucky.

I had the same thing happen to me with a custom radarlock just a couple weeks ago... Funny thing is I placed the exact same order again right after I got the cancellation email. All the parts were in stock even though that's why they said it was cancelled. The 2nd order arrived shortly after. Doesn't make sense...

I ordered a pair of custom Flak 2's from Oakley 3 weeks ago. I've been excited to get them as I need to replace my old Flaks anyway, my order hasn't changed status in that time but I've been patient as I know customs can take 10 days to build and get ready. I received an email telling me that the status of my order had changed...at last, they're ready to be shipped...WRONG, order cancelled due to one or more items being out of stock!!! I know this can happen but it's their latest product, wouldn't you think they'd have enough parts mass produced as looking at the website now the item that is out of stock is the Gunmetal Icon!!!
I'm bored of Oakley as a company, their website and customer service among other things really need to be sorted out. Things like you can buy replacement Flak 2 lenses on Oakley.com but Oakley.co.uk they are coming soon...they all come from the same place anyway!!! And how can you let a 3rd party sell your product cheaper than you do...I ordered a pair of Jawbreakers at 8 30am April 1st only to find them a couple of days later on Shadestation for £20 or so cheaper!!! I only put up with such a bad company and poor service as they have great products but everyone has a breaking point!

OAKLEY SUCK

RANT OVER...and breath...!!!
The custom shop is (was) it's own entity. So regardless if everything is in stock on the standard website or the stores, they receive a supply chain restock independent of those two exclusively.
Anything sport related that is popular, especially those favored by cyclists, are at the highest demand and subject to the longest waits between March and September.
Look at Oakley's custom shop like any other "custom" business model. Expect to wait, and wait and wait and treat it like Christmas when it arrives.

Some things never change. I went through this when I ordered my custom Offshoot a couple of years back. Eventually, I found out what was the culprit at the time (no white frames at that time), I changed it to crystal black and my order arrived the next day.

It's not uncommon for 3rd parties to sell a product cheaper than the manufacturer. Manufacturers tend to sell at RRP and 3rd parties don't.

With regards to where stuff comes from I think from memory that most of the custom stuff for the UK comes from Ireland so although the US might have stock Ireland may not

It's not uncommon for 3rd parties to sell a product cheaper than the manufacturer. Manufacturers tend to sell at RRP and 3rd parties don't.

With regards to where stuff comes from I think from memory that most of the custom stuff for the UK comes from Ireland so although the US might have stock Ireland may not
Both pairs of custom Holbrooks I had came from Canada, but the theory may still hold up.

Maybe it depends on the pair then. My Dads prescription C wires came from Ireland and when I ordered some Pit Bull nose bombs they came from Ireland too.

Back