• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OAKLEY Day At RED Announcement...

Let's not start that again. RvFs collection is real.

You are right JK, my collection is real, to date 928 pairs, virtually all pristine, complete, in perfect boxes, plus all the other items I have outlined on my profile page, and whilst I have not and do not intend to post up here 928 pictures, ANYONE is invited to pay me a personal visit to see the collection with your own eyes, if you can be in central southern England message me to see me in person, consider this an invite to discuss a common interest, rather than to simply prove the depth of my collection. It is true I am not a 'shower' as I am a private person that does not have a great interest in having my personal property displayed over the internet in what is effectively a public place. My aim here is to learn and I believe most members can teach me something to advance my own knowledge, and in exchange I have imparted information for the benefit of others. I believe the very top collectors here include myself, Frank, FGG, Doowutchyalike, and Factory Pilot, however anyone on 400+ glasses is a Grade A collector in my view. People in this group will have specific items nobody else will ever have, there are collections within collections, some will have the best watch collection, the biggest goggle collection, best accessories and so on, so if anyone does have the best sunglass stash there will be others that have pieces the top man can only dream of... just today, I see on here that member Factory Pilot has the Scar - Polished Aluminium - Fire 12-625...this pair has blown me away! No one will ever have it all, and there is a universe of material all of us will never see.

ANYONE is invited to pay me a personal visit to see the collection with your own eyes, if you can be in central southern England message me to see me in person, consider this an invite to discuss a common interest, rather than to simply prove the depth of my collection. It is true I am not a 'shower' as I am a private person that does not have a great interest in having my personal property displayed over the internet in what is effectively a public place.

I can understand that RVF and as I said I am NOT pointing any fingers, what I am doing is trying to stick to the topic of the thread and let everyone know that I am doing a ONE TIME ONLY complete showing before again going dark on the collection and its contents... Why? Because I too am a private person and I have passed my personal limit as to showing publicly, I have been collecting since 1994 and until 2011 I showed "Nothing" from my collection... I decided to open the door a little and show other collectors what I have worked so hard for because I felt it could be appreciated, I now just want to go back to doing my own thing and that requires me to step back and close that door again...

You guys are great, but my time in the sun is coming to an end and I just wanted to do one last thing for those of you that cared enough to show interest in my collection and passion...

In closing RFV you have opened the door for me and I might just take you up on it... See you soon???

I'm somewhat local to you Del, and while i have not personally met you, your reputation precedes you, i've heard nothing but positive things about both you and your amazing collection. That said, if you need help loading/unloading at RED i am offering my help. I also look forward to meeting everyone from So Cal and the rest of the world attending this event.
Tim

I am doing a ONE TIME ONLY complete showing before again going dark on the collection and its contents... Why? Because I too am a private person and I have passed my personal limit as to showing publicly, I have been collecting since 1994 and until 2011 I showed "Nothing" from my collection... I decided to open the door a little and show other collectors what I have worked so hard for because I felt it could be appreciated, I now just want to go back to doing my own thing and that requires me to step back and close that door again...

You guys are great, but my time in the sun is coming to an end

Hahaha I like it so mysterious, like batman . :)

I'm somewhat local to you Del, and while i have not personally met you, your reputation precedes you, i've heard nothing but positive things about both you and your amazing collection. That said, if you need help loading/unloading at RED i am offering my help. I also look forward to meeting everyone from So Cal and the rest of the world attending this event.
Tim

Much appreciated Tim... Actually glad you responded, I think I might have a project or two you can help me with in preparation... Ill shoot you a PM....

Lets not argue over who's collection is bigger or whatever. There is no way to ever compare collections, they are all different and unique, just enjoy and appreciate them!

Latest Posts

Back