• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley doesn't honor their old lifetime warranty anymore

Hey man, welcome. A wires were my first and they were awesome to me as well. Maybe you can try to get hold of some juliets. They seem to have the same orbital shape with a much more sturdy frame...and lens options are far more than the a wires...just my $0.2....

My first frames were a wires too... I've always wanted Juliet's as I found that they would fit my face well ... They were just so darn expensive... Still are too ...damn!

I'm having the bubbling problem as well. I stumbled onto this thread:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/giving-new-life-to-a-old-lens.11166/
I'm trying the soak on my beat up pair tonight to see if it helps...what lens tints are you looking for? I'm trying to find gold iridium polarized. If you're looking for something different, I could shoot you the info if I come across it, like on Ebay...I try to check periodically to see if anyone has decided to sell a pair...it's definitely luck when I do find anything!
I've sent mine off to dr.chop to have new lenses cut. They're in great shape for being over 10 years old.

My first frames were a wires too... I've always wanted Juliet's as I found that they would fit my face well ... They were just so darn expensive... Still are too ...damn!
I took a peek on EBay after the suggestion, and I was shocked at the prices...I was wondering if they had been really expensive when they first came out...They do look like they would have a similar look to the A wires, but I have a hard time justifying the price (especially without trying them on first), and it is a bummer that they are also already retired and rare...does anyone know if the Juliet's ever had gold iridium polarized lenses? If not, I'll stop looking at them...I really am stuck on that tint! :)

Man I had the same problem, but luckily my friend works at a lens factory so he etched my new lenses for me. I found this new company Skelmet, they make custom sunglasses, so if you can't find sunglasses that fit, maybe this would be an option.

Interesting first post. Reviving an old thread and pointing to a company that launches in mid Jan 2017...
:errwhat:o_O:idk:

Back