• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Double Tap Watch - Pics Inside

Anybody knows how to resize the stainless steel band? My watch is a little loose so I'd been trying to figure out how to take one of the links out. :-(

Anybody knows how to resize the stainless steel band? My watch is a little loose so I'd been trying to figure out how to take one of the links out. :-(
I had to take mine into the watch guy. It took 2 different people so it is tricky. I tried doing it myself with no luck.

I hope the O store or the Ovault knows how to size one. Most stores haven't even seen one yet. I am going to take mine to the O store first.

I hope the O store or the Ovault knows how to size one. Most stores haven't even seen one yet. I am going to take mine to the O store first.
Doubt it. They have limited knowledge just with the gearbox

Doubt it. They have limited knowledge just with the gearbox

I just went to my local O store and had it done. They knew what to do and they did my gearbox Ti band before too.

image.jpg

Should be either a straight push pin, split pins (which are trickier) or screws.

I haven't seen this type of pin before. My seiko kinetic watches uses straight push pin.

The pin goes through that shorter part which locks it in place (I think).

The band don't have the arrow that points how to take out the pins, so maybe it can go either way.

image.jpg

I haven't seen this type of pin before. My seiko kinetic watches uses straight push pin.
The pin goes through that shorter part which locks it in place (I think).
The band don't have the arrow that points how to take out the pins, so maybe it can go either way.
View attachment 162340

The smaller one is called a Friction Tube which is used as an anchor and a guide for the Friction Pin that is inserted into it.

Latest Posts

Back