1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. D-Man

D-Man Oakley Beginner

Was wondering if Oakley currently offers Drivewear transition lenses in any styles that can be custom cut to Juliet spec, and if any of the custom cutters have worked with these lenses before? Interested in doing some mad science.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.
  3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

All of the pairs Oakley has made with transitions/photochromic are UV-activated and don't work in cars.

As Frank said, an optometrist or lens shop can likely make you a set.

Chris A Hardaway likes this.
  4. D-Man

D-Man Oakley Beginner

Much obliged, Frank. And yes, definitely looking forward to being able to directly ask in the Exchange about having a set made. In the meantime, much catching up and learning to do.

And Rust, I'm tempted to get a pair of standard clear/black iridium transitions, but not being able to wear them in the car is a major concern. I like it that I can wear indoors though.

5. Chris A Hardaway

Chris A Hardaway The Man Loves to Chop 'Em. Premium Member

The transitions iridium have a slight tint in my opinion so work ok in car on light days.

However, they aren't polarized. I can do drivewear for you anytime but the cost :mad-35:

D-Man likes this.
  6. D-Man

D-Man Oakley Beginner

Chris, thanks much. I assumed the Drivewears would be rather pricey. It still might just be worth it for me, just for the uniqueness (along with the functionality). It's good to know I have that option. As soon as I am Exchange authorized, I am going to hit you up for a quote. :cool-20::drinks:

flyer and Chris A Hardaway like this.
  7. Jacob Carstens

Jacob Carstens Oakley Expert

Just get a roadster :lolsign:

Chris A Hardaway likes this.
  8. D-Man

D-Man Oakley Beginner

Hmmm, I wonder if that train of logic would work on my SO? ;)