• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Enthusiast

X-Dude

Oakley Beginner
Hi all

I'm new to the forum but a long time Oakley Enthusiast. My first pair of glasses were the Oakley E Wire and ever since then it's the only brand I've bought. I recently found got an issue with one of my XX Metal glasses where the nose bridge is a little loose. After talking to Oakley they told me there's nothing they could do, so my mission started to find a way to fix them. These are my favorite pair of glasses and I know there's gotta be a way to fix em. This seemed like a logical place to start my search for help.

Welcome!

There's a member here called X Man who does work on repairing, restoring, and recoloring X Metal frames. Oakley still sells the lenses for these in black and 24k gold, and other members can provide lenses cut from other Oakley lenses in other colors.

Aftermarket companies make lenses for them, but they're generally not advised for use (display only). The same companies make rubber kits in a myriad of colors that you can get to help customize your pairs.

Do you have a link to his work? I might be interested in doing some additional work to them if the quality is good.

Thanks

welcome dude, the x metal xx is my favorite frame and i just had the x man tighten up 4 of mine about two weeks ago. His work is not only perfect, but cheaper AND better than an Oakley tune up. I have had one xx tuned up by oakley and it was nice and tight but the x man's tune up leaves the nose bridge like steel. Definitely hit him up. And again, welcome to the forum brother!! :welcome:

Latest Posts

Back