• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley EV ZERO

Hopeful thinking is that they're R2 2016...so April-ish. I don't see why Oakley would want to wait until Fall/Winter, where you'd generally expect people are less likely to be able to use the Prizm Golf line these pairs were advertised in.

post at O-Review is also suggesting they're gonna be R2, pricing at $140 and up. F&F hopefully a couple weeks later, and it's pretty attractive. I'm just left to wonder how/if the lenses will be swappable.

It's hard to replace the G30 lens, I have 3, but at the suggested $140 starting point it's hard to turn away from them. I wonder how they are going to fit with a hat on to get full protection from the sun.

There's one up on everyone's favorite auction site if you can't wait until April, or if you simply want to check out more views.

Back view leads me to believe it's just going to run the M2 nosepiece, so presumably no Asian Fit pads. Hammerstems are my only saving grace. I was also hoping the earsock setup would be more "current". Lenses look swappable, though.

I just hope they don't fit loose like some of the recent frames seem to be for many people (aka tombstone, mad/badman).

Yeah, same goes with how the M2 went.

It's kinda hard to judge from pics, but there is a hammer profile and the stem shape is more rounded (hopefully translating to "solid" therefore) than the Tombstone and M2. The end spacing looks at least on par with the neighboring Flak 2.0 in the pic previously posted here.

....but the real worry kinda comes down to the lenses. Nothing much can be done about that in regards to flex outside of curve (likely gonna stick to the 8.75? norm) and taper (and the priority there is optics). My vague memory of the 2000's Zeros were that they did feel a bit light. The Rudy Project Sportmask and Hypermask also don't have much of a hold. However, Smith's Pivlock V90 was working out for me.

I'd also be wondering if the cuts (Path and Range) are going to influence stem spacing since there's no middle rim/frame to dictate it.

Well, apparently able to stay on Kerri Walsh's face and her winning ways. Not to imply anything, but the pair surely works for female faces, unless she's got a bigger than usual head for any person.
76869_10153508331017749_2008315090321530343_n.jpg

(originally posted on Oakley's Facebook page)