• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Eye Jacket 1.0 Lenses

Hando

Oakley Expert
So I'm trying to restore a pair of Oakley Eye Jacket sunglasses I've had since the late 90's.

The specific pair is the Cobalt and Positive Red Iridium Eye Jacket 1.0. The frame and earsocks are in amazing condition, but the lenses are shot to hell. I know quite a few people cut custom lenses, but this one seems to be a little more out there. I've looked everywhere, and while I could get any other color lenses made by one of the ebay companies, or any other lens crafter... positive red iridium seems to be non existent :( I've found Fire red, but it's still not close. The auction after this is the exact pair, but 199 is more than I wanna spend for something I technically already have.

Vintage Oakley Eye Jacket Cobalt Positive Red Iridium Gen 1 RARE | eBay

I would forever be in your gratitude, name my next child after you, and possibly carve your name into my face as a sign of much gratitude if any of you could possibly assist me in the restoration of my first and favorite pair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Positive red is out there, you can use split jacket lenses, along with several others, to cut your lenses from.......

I'm in exactly the same situation. Seem impossible to come by!

I've got a +red radar lens on way to me which I got really cheap so hopefully I'll cut that to fit soon.

Shame there's so little availability as they're awesome glasses. Fingers crossed oakley will rerelease them soon if only so they make the lenses and rubber again!

Yeah, I dunno if I posted this in the right thread. I know the positive red is out there in so many styles. I just have no ability and don't know who I should contact about it. I've searched, and I'm thinking X-Man? But I'm a noob here... sorry. I guess what I'm saying is I'm willing to pay all costs, even double the price of what's normally charged for lens cutting. Willing to send sample lenses.. whatever's needed to be done.

So, the split jacket lenses should work for cutting to Eye Jacket 1.0?

Course, now I see there's a sticky with this, sorry for not paying attention...

You can cut it from a Radar but the lens base curve is incorrect for the EJ

Right, so would it mess with the optics a bit? If so I might not bother!

I could sell the radar lens on, or buy a radar frame.

I got the lens for £3 on eBay, spotted it ending with no bidders so just went for it!

Right, so would it mess with the optics a bit? If so I might not bother!

I could sell the radar lens on, or buy a radar frame.

I got the lens for £3 on eBay, spotted it ending with no bidders so just went for it!

Yes, you will loose the XYZ Optics since it does not have the same/proper curvature.

Yes, you will loose the XYZ Optics since it does not have the same/proper curvature.

Yeah I've decided against it, lens is for sale on eBay now!

I'm considering some aftermarket lenses until I find some genuine ones or get a suitable donor to cut

Back