1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Over the years Oakley has come up with some possibly questionable designs that didn't work out with the general public. What pairs do you think fall under this category or are there any pairs that are considered a failure but you think otherwise? Here are some I think are:

- Jupiter: this was a failure, even though there is a small following they tried to evolve the Frogskins and in this case it just doesn't work. The frame is too feminine looking and has an uncomfortable fit IMO

- Pit Bull: I think many would agree that this style is/was a failure, even though it's just been released it's too large for most of the general public and the design is questionable

- Jury: some might consider this a failure but I disagree. It might have been discontinued already but this is one of my favorite Oakley frames. It's the first style in a few years to use O-luminum again and it's the same size as many Square O frames, which works out very well IMO. Fit is amazing and they are comfortable to wear

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

agree on the Jupiter (hate those)
    disagree on the Pit Bulls - they fit my face perfect and i like the style alot specially the matte black with +red and red icons!!

never tried the jury - but your polished version from xmetalmaniac is DOPE dude!

3. canhoto

canhoto Oakley Beginner

Crosshair 2.0 - Completely ruined the legacy left by the first one;

Sideways - Awesome design ruined by the fact of it not being an O-matter frame;

Jupiter - I agree with Batwolf. Too feminine.

Fives (2009) - Obscured by the 3.0/Squared whose designs are much better

Monster Pup - Never really caught the wave of its "daddy"

4. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I can't think of anything that would be considered a failure, but worked for me. Maybe the Jupiters. I liked them, but i still prefer Frogs.

The ones that just didn't do it for me would be the Eyepatch 1 & 2, the new frogskin design, and the Eye Jacket 3.0

5. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I've realized only recently that the Monster Pups are awesome. I'm sad i missed it. Now i need to find a pair in a cool colorway.

6. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

I totally agree with the EJ 3.0 and new Frogskins being colossal failures.

I would say the Half-x is a complete embarrassment to the x-metal lineup. Bottlecap without the benefit of unobtainium for spa sports model leaves me speechless. I am also nit a fan of the zero L.

7. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

felon was the biggest failure.

how can frogskins be failures when they usually sell out?

8. TOWSNBN

TOWSNBN Oakley Beginner

9. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I know! The Sideways were awesome looking with the sideways O and all, but the stiffness was horrendous! And the curve was off. :(

10. canhoto

canhoto Oakley Beginner

Just remembered another one: Canteen, IMO. Kinda ugly.