• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Failures

Just remembered another one: Canteen, IMO. Kinda ugly.

Oh I loved the Canteen! I think it's one of the best O Matter frames they ever made. The fit was near perfect, and the Unobtanium arms were sweet. The style was like...an aggressive Gascan? The Brown Smoke was my personal favorite. Now I want to buy one...

Agree with everyone, the 'new' Frogskins tanked, and the Jupiter, which was supposed to be the updated Frogskin, is a failure, not really feminine, not really masculine. It's a design for the masses that failed for that very reason.

I also don't consider the Canteen or Twitch successes either.

Oh I loved the Canteen! I think it's one of the best O Matter frames they ever made. The fit was near perfect, and the Unobtanium arms were sweet. The style was like...an aggressive Gascan? The Brown Smoke was my personal favorite. Now I want to buy one...

I know a lot a people liked it, but it just didn't work for me.

I am not a fan of the Oil Rig or the Oil Drum. Here were have essentially 2 duplicate frames one with 2 separate lenses and the other with a full single lens. Then they make second versions of these with a different icon sceme. They did make some cool coloways for holiday editions but that is it.. I have seen small faced people wearing them and they look like the protective light sunglasses the optometrist gives you....

Pit Bulls and EJ 3...touted as a "replacement" for the MD the PB's are not even close and aren't expected to last even thru 2012 EJ 3 is just beneath contempt

After reading thru these comments. It seams there will be alot of PitBull around so if anyone has a FMJ they're giving away, hit me with them as I was considering getting a pair but now don't want to fork out too much if they are that bad. I do agree about the Jupiter, the style looks good but just don't work on me but they do suit my wife.
The Jury I though was a cracking frame but just didn't seam to sell in numbers, now is this down to Oakley marketing?

There are also alot of female frames that don't look anything but large framed Chanel or D&G copies.

Just kinda touching on what I've read above:

Sideways - decent styling, but working at SGH every customer complained about the weight. I think the acetate option is what doomed the frame.

I also think the Dispatch 2 and the Eyepatch 2 are gonna be either huge hits or complete failures. The dispatches are just soooo huge on almost any face figure

I totally hate the Oil Drum and Oil Rig. Also, I know everyone loves them, but I HATE Radars. M Frames are so much better IMO.

Back