• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Failures

I haven't seen and women's stuff mentioned, the women's line as a whole barely sells. but to pick out a specific frame, I dont see the fringes staying around for too long.

What about stuff like the Thump, Rokr, and RAZRwire? Didn't those not sell too well? Also, what about the Mag stuff with all the issues it had?

Thump did not pack enough memory, when iPods had gigabytes of it
O-ROKR was BT A2DP, which had pairing issues with quite a few Bluetooth A2DP phones... and back then, A2DP sound quality sucked.
RAZRWire was cool... but what happens when it got dark? :p

@OBlazer. That's interesting, cos it seems to be a market that they're really trying hard to crack, with lots of design ideas and models released.
I wonder if women go more for big fashion house brands then, instead of Oakley performance?

@OBlazer. That's interesting, cos it seems to be a market that they're really trying hard to crack, with lots of design ideas and models released.
I wonder if women go more for big fashion house brands then, instead of Oakley performance?

The biggest thing Oakley has had to conquer is getting women to come to Oakley, knowing the idea that Oakley makes designs that are too sporty or wild for women. It's a hard shell to break, but I think Oakley is finally starting to make a lot of women open their eyes and see the many designs they offer.

How about sticking a tilted icon on them and calling them Oakley Slideways.

Speaking of PUNtastic names, I have a better one for your Juliet/XX hybrid you made. Instead of Juliet-X.
JulieX.

- What you wearing today BriP - one of your Juliets?
- Ah no, today I'm wearing my JulieX.

Latest Posts

Back