• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Failures

I haven't seen and women's stuff mentioned, the women's line as a whole barely sells. but to pick out a specific frame, I dont see the fringes staying around for too long.

It's a shame though. The women's line doesn't have that "flash" the men's line has, but there are some really nice designs there. I'm even considering getting a pair of Necessities or Discreets for my girlfriend this Christmas.

How about sticking a tilted icon on them and calling them Oakley Slideways.

Speaking of PUNtastic names, I have a better one for your Juliet/XX hybrid you made. Instead of Juliet-X.
JulieX.

- What you wearing today BriP - one of your Juliets?
- Ah no, today I'm wearing my JulieX.

that is awesome! i like how the X looks like a T that has fallen over- really adds a dimension to the frAnkenstein-ness!

anyway today was abit overcast and drabby so i had the polished J's on with that sweet fire IP lens..happy windshield rainbow funtimes

Outside of the Gretchen Bleiler stuff, I don't know anything women related that really sells for Oakley. And by stuff I mean apparel. I don't think her signature eyewear even sells that well. My wife does like her apparel though!

that is awesome! i like how the X looks like a T that has fallen over- really adds a dimension to the frAnkenstein-ness!

Indeed.

JulieX

Keep that name and cherish it as your own.

I'm surprised no-one has asked for any reeaally specific JulieX shots yet . . . .

"Hey BriP. Can you post up a pic of JulieX reclining wistfully with her hammer-stem arms crossed. Her micro-bag draped seductively over one shoulder. And her wonderful pristine orbitals glinting in the light. Mmmm . . . JulieX . . . "

Etc.

Outside of the Gretchen Bleiler stuff, I don't know anything women related that really sells for Oakley. And by stuff I mean apparel. I don't think her signature eyewear even sells that well. My wife does like her apparel though!

The problem is, in general, Women only shop at oakley while waiting for their significant other to pick out some new sunnies. Women dont go to the mall saying "Oh i need to swing by Oakley and see what apparel they have available"

To stay on topic with this post though, I dont see Plaintiffs selling very well either. They are coming out with some decent signature series that is keeping interest up, but in general I am not a fan of them

The problem is, in general, Women only shop at oakley while waiting for their significant other to pick out some new sunnies. Women dont go to the mall saying "Oh i need to swing by Oakley and see what apparel they have available"
Yeah I must say usually my wife only goes there if I'm there or if she needs a bathing suit or some winter gear for snowboarding. Definitely not for sunnies. She prefers Kate Spade for her non-athletic eyewear.

What about most of the X-Metals? Aside from the Juliet, did any other ones actually sell well? I mean for those of us who collect them they are definitely a success but from a business standpoint did they lose out on everything but the Juliet?

Also, would the Pit Boss and C-Six be possible failures simply due to the price tag?

To stay on topic with this post though, I dont see Plaintiffs selling very well either. They are coming out with some decent signature series that is keeping interest up, but in general I am not a fan of them

The problem with the Plaintiffs, in my view, is that the aviator style has to be a bit less flashy than what Oakley usually aims for. When they try to make those special editions like the Ducati and the MotoGP versions, they kind of ruin the meaning of wearing aviator style glasses.

For those who have picked up the Elite items, would you say they were worth the price tag?

I wouldn't say the X-Metal was a failure, but I believe they are overpriced as well...I would also say that a bunch of the Wire's were a fail. Though I am an avid fan of a bunch of them still! I know this forum doesn't support the Wireframes at all, but I think they are worth it :smile:

The problem with the Plaintiffs, in my view, is that the aviator style has to be a bit less flashy than what Oakley usually aims for. When they try to make those special editions like the Ducati and the MotoGP versions, they kind of ruin the meaning of wearing aviator style glasses.

Agreed. That being said, I think the SW Plantiffs are bomb. I dont like the Plaintiff at all, but I definitely find on picking myself up a pair. the Matte with the gold looks great and I think captures the essence of the aviator while also giving just a hint of the Oakley flair!

Latest Posts

Back