• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley first timer be gentle, are they real?

FriendOfTheVoid

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys/gals,
New to the forum and to Oakley collecting.
Been a fan for a long time but being a guy kind of just scraping along its always been hard for me to justify the price of expensive sunglasses. I work in HVAC and spend most of my time on the roof so good polarized sunglasses became a priority.

Anyway I found a couple deals on ebay and would really appreciate your input as cheap as I can be I still would feel wrong wear any kind of knock off. Did some reasearch and they seemed legit but I was just looking for some verification.

I got a pair of frogskins that the seller claimed to be custom, no lenses, and a small blemish on the inside bridge of the nose.

Well that blemish proved to be more of a raised piece of "o matter"? plastic with a sharp corner on it. Is this from the injection molding process? Sign of fakery? Ive not been able to find any threads on the issue. It was hard to photograph but I did my best.

It has no SKU but I read that customs don't, however I wasn't sure if customs came in this "dove grey" colorway as the seller described. It doesn't feel cheap and the "made in usa", " frogskins", and "Oakley" logo all look clean and legit.

The lenses are Revants that I just put in.
And the frame is a rootbeer brown.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_20160720_163313.jpg
2016-07-20_04-49-06.jpg
2016-07-20_04-49-40.jpg
2016-07-20_04-50-16.jpg

I've bever seen that king of flaw in any pair of oakley glasses. That is quite strange...
Frogskin experts, please advise

Thank you! I can see Oakleys becoming a slippery slope. Gonna do my best to completely wear out the two I have before hunting down anymore. Otherwise i'll be out on the street. :D

And yes that was the seller. I know.... I saw he another set with the same or similar flaw but trusted his rating and feedback before my instinct. I don't know but I suppose I just thought that they were just marks from being displayed in a store for a long time or something.
It was hard to see what the defect was from his photos. I was hoping it was just some small scratches.

The seller seems to sell Oakleys exclusively and his track record looks good at 100%, read through some feedback and no one said they recieved fakes, or seemed at all unsatisfied.

Thanks for the quick responses and warm welcomes though guys. I hope maybe someone has seen this defect before.

As it stands I suspect it might be a fake frame with legit arms..

I know the seller well. He has a friend at hq that sells him parts of frogs. They are 100% real but they have defects. I buy from him a lot for paint projects

I've grabbed a pair from him also, based on the above personal recommendation from Soulful, which is unimpeachable. You can rest assured now that your Frogs are legit and so is the seller!

Welcome to the community, you don't have to keep spending all your money to stay here, we like new members regardless of their total pair count!

:)

Latest Posts

Back