1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

I have 8 pair of flak lenses and finally got around to ordering a pair of Deep blue polarized from a guy on ebay. I immediately noticed they were a little smaller from top to bottom by about and 1/8 inch. Matching them up one set at a time. Then I was surprised to find that the last pair (authentic black iridium polarized) wad the same size. Also the traditional "P" sticker looks different then the ones I have gotten on lenses in the past. Any info would be appreciated

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

I've noticed that as well when I had Flaks. I thought the lenses were way too small. With the Flak 2.0 that problem is nonexistent. These lenses are the perfect height for me (definitely bigger than even the largest original Flak lens).

3. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Also, when you're ordering lenses for your Flaks make sure they're the "XLJ" variant.

4. lawman0210

When did the 2.0 variant come out? All my non polarized are larger only the 2 that are 1/8 smaller in height are polarized

5. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

The 2.0s just came out (officially) in April. The lenses are much bigger. Even the largest XLJ lenses seemed too small for my taste. The 2.0 size is perfect.

6. lawman0210

Hmmm ok well all the xlj lenses I have pre date that so I guess I have the smaller size which is just about the size of the half x (without the tips) Do you know if Oakley made all the Polarized versions smaller then standard size? If so why?

7. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

8. lawman0210

You would think that polarized would be bigger since it's used more for cutting out glare. I thought the standard size was just perfect as it was near touching my cheekbones with the small nose bombs on. The Polarized seems a tad but small now

9. Lumbergh

Lumbergh Oakley Enthusiast

They've been smaller than the non-polar versions for years. Not a clue as to why.