• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flak Jacket Polarized lenses smaller

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
I have 8 pair of flak lenses and finally got around to ordering a pair of Deep blue polarized from a guy on ebay. I immediately noticed they were a little smaller from top to bottom by about and 1/8 inch. Matching them up one set at a time. Then I was surprised to find that the last pair (authentic black iridium polarized) wad the same size. Also the traditional "P" sticker looks different then the ones I have gotten on lenses in the past. Any info would be appreciated

I've noticed that as well when I had Flaks. I thought the lenses were way too small. With the Flak 2.0 that problem is nonexistent. These lenses are the perfect height for me (definitely bigger than even the largest original Flak lens).

I have 8 pair of flak lenses and finally got around to ordering a pair of Deep blue polarized from a guy on ebay. I immediately noticed they were a little smaller from top to bottom by about and 1/8 inch. Matching them up one set at a time. Then I was surprised to find that the last pair (authentic black iridium polarized) wad the same size. Also the traditional "P" sticker looks different then the ones I have gotten on lenses in the past. Any info would be appreciated

Also, when you're ordering lenses for your Flaks make sure they're the "XLJ" variant.

When did the 2.0 variant come out? All my non polarized are larger only the 2 that are 1/8 smaller in height are polarized

The 2.0s just came out (officially) in April. The lenses are much bigger. Even the largest XLJ lenses seemed too small for my taste. The 2.0 size is perfect.

Hmmm ok well all the xlj lenses I have pre date that so I guess I have the smaller size which is just about the size of the half x (without the tips) Do you know if Oakley made all the Polarized versions smaller then standard size? If so why?

You would think that polarized would be bigger since it's used more for cutting out glare. I thought the standard size was just perfect as it was near touching my cheekbones with the small nose bombs on. The Polarized seems a tad but small now

Back