• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ vs. Flak Jacket 2.0

stebbs

Oakley Beginner
Hi I'm currently after a new set of sunglasses. I want the new prism h2o shallow water lens for fishing and the sapphire iridium polarized for daily use. My issue is I can't seem to find the sapphire iridium polarized in flak jacket xjl or the prism h2o shallow water in flak 2.0.
I'd prefer a single frame I can swap lenses with, any help would be appreciated. I'm located in the UK.
Tom

Hi I'm currently after a new set of sunglasses. I want the new prism h2o shallow water lens for fishing and the sapphire iridium polarized for daily use. My issue is I can't seem to find the sapphire iridium polarized in flak jacket xjl or the prism h2o shallow water in flak 2.0.
I'd prefer a single frame I can swap lenses with, any help would be appreciated. I'm located in the UK.
Tom
@discodave will definitely have some input for you on the flaks...especially the 2.0 ;)

The flak 2.0 is one of the lightest, best fitting frames. I dunno about everyone else but with the flak, the lenses always dug into my cheeks, doesnt happen with 2.0.
I would get 2.0 and then get the replacements

The flak 2.0 is one of the lightest, best fitting frames. I dunno about everyone else but with the flak, the lenses always dug into my cheeks, doesnt happen with 2.0.
I would get 2.0 and then get the replacements

Recently tried the 2.0's on and was really surprised by how light they were. Check out below, for a quick comparison of the frames:

17152090365_820b2f0e69_z.jpg
P1000539.jpg

So what your saying is if I can get hold of some prism shallow water lenses for these is definitely get the flak 2.0
Thanks
Owning both styles, that's definitely the route I would go. Not sure if the Prizm Shallow Water is available to buy separate for the 2.0's yet (not available in Custom section online), so you may have to wait a bit for it or try an O-Store in your area.

Owning both styles, that's definitely the route I would go. Not sure if the Prizm Shallow Water is available to buy separate for the 2.0's yet (not available in Custom section online), so you may have to wait a bit for it or try an O-Store in your area.
owning both sets eh? That sounds like I'm going to end up with a collection :tongue:

The shallow prism is available in the flak 2, I've seen it in ostores
I've not managed to find it on the internet I've only been to 2 small Oakley retailers I'll have to see if there are any bigger stores. If you see them again could you get me the sku code so I could track them down.
Thanks

2.0 recently got the Jade Polarized 2.0 XL killer fit. Will post pix eventually. But wanted to say 2.0XL worth the try to a pair.. .. ... and then some

Latest Posts

Back