• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ vs. Flak Jacket 2.0

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433193704.331324.jpg

So my take on XLJ and 2.0 XL is to my face
1) XLJ felt the vision was more covered on the peripherals i.e. when reaching towards 180degrees XLJ still has lens to cover the vision while 2.0XL after about 150 degrees start to see the light.
2) Ease of 2.0 xl on and off is much better than that of XLJ.
3) Styling of 2.0xl is def better.
4) If i let either frame sit naturally and loot straight up I can see sunlight. If i put it real tight against my nose xlj shows minimal light while 2.0 xl still shows more sunlight.
My take: got to let 2.0 xl grow on oneself slowly. While XLJ has been around and now has time tested variable as a notch. Analogy: Like any new Range Rover model that comes makes one run out and buy the old one. Given time one will buy the newer version :)

I'm going to go flak 2.0 I tried some on at the airport yesterday albeit in the wrong colour. But the fit is comfortable,they are much lighter than my straight jackets. Now to phone Oakley to custom order polished black flak 2.0 with sapphire iridium polarized lenses when I'm back and then get some prism shallow h2o shipped from the US

they look great, are those Sapphire Iridium polarized?
I do have Sapphire but those pictured I actually had cut by Fuselenses. I sent them my frames and they uploaded the shape file in their system so they can start cutting 2.0 lenses. These are the Zeiss ones that they have in "Glacier".

Do you think the Flaks will come out with the smaller rounded lenses? Or would they not look as good as the squared lenses they come with now? I have a narrow face and I'm afraid the large lenses would look good on me

Those look great, but I have the same concern as the poster above me, are they going to look too big on my faceface? Ive got regular flaks and want to go to the xlj, but now with 2.0, they are nice but look huge, at least in my opinion.

I got to try the new Flak last weekend and they were in fact too big on me, lens-wise. When they come out with a rounded version I'll get a pair. Until then the half jacket 2.0 is awesome

How are the arms on the new half jackets? I used to have a pair of the original xlj ones, but they never gripped my head right, always loose, which is why I went flak.

Latest Posts

Back