1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Gf366

Gf366 Oakley Beginner

I am wondering if anyone has ever found a way to get rid of the horrible rubber-chemical smell that the Flexion gloves come with. They're nice gloves but whatever Oakley did to make the rubber pieces is very malodorous. I've soaked them in different types of soap, I've put them in the washing machine, and I've left them out in the sun and the smell is still there. Oakley Flexion Gloves Chemical Smell - oakley_si_flexion_gloves_black_31000.1425305257.1280.1280__44208.1459520332.1280.1280.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Darth Maul

Darth Maul Oakley Beginner

Aside from airing out + time, you could try borax with laundry detergent in warm water and washing by hand. Alternatively, try using fairly warm (not hot) vinegar and add in baking soda. Can't remember what else you should do as it was something my ex used to do for my paintball pants/jersey so maybe try googling "baking soda vinegar clothes." This is all a guess

3. ChaseU

ChaseU Oakley Beginner

I run the same gloves once in a while and even people on my team comment on how odd they smell. Have had them for over a year and the smell hasn't gone.

Try out the Transition Tactical gloves...Oakley finally got it right with goat skin palms instead of the pittards leather used on all the others.

schnitzeraffe and motoGP_fanatic like this.
  4. schnitzeraffe

schnitzeraffe Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

+1

I was looking for a pair of shooting gloves and read many reviews trying to find some good, practical recommendations.

I snagged a pair of these in coyote medium with an SI order I placed back in May and REALLY like them!

5. Gf366

Gf366 Oakley Beginner

I have since bought a pair of the Transition tactical's and the Flexion are up for sale on ebay...I am just bummed because I really liked the look of the Flexion.
    Thanks for your help!

6. ChaseU

ChaseU Oakley Beginner

Just be cautious when donning the gloves not to pull too hard on the cuff. I've had two pairs split cuff seams so far. SI has been good about replacing them, but it may be a bit of a design weakness.