• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Awards Part 1 - Best Mens Eyewear Of 2011

What was the best new release of mens eyewear for 2011?

• C-Wire (2011)

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Dispatch 2

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Eyepatch 2

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Fast Jacket/XL

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • Jupiter Squared

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • Jury

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Pit Bull

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Plaintiff

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Wind Jacket

Votes: 11 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to bring a downer, but I feel nothing but sadness looking at that mottley series of pics on Page 1 of this thread. Is that really the revolutionary Oakley brand's design output from 2011?
So sad.
I can't vote for any of these frames I'm afraid.

Great idea for a thread though Batters.
It's just a shame the big O didn't release anything in 2011 worth even a mouse-click to vote for.

Heat expected, but this is just my honest opinion here.

It is kinda sad, but I think 2012's releases though are MUCH better than 2011 already. Though a lot of it is recycled stuff but still better.

That's why I'm trying to get my hands on some older stuff.

Jupiter squared gets my vote!!!

Wind Jacket is cool, but it's not really all too different then the Split with the exception of a new strap and gasket. Colors are awesome tho!

Sorry to bring a downer, but I feel nothing but sadness looking at that mottley series of pics on Page 1 of this thread. Is that really the revolutionary Oakley brand's design output from 2011?
So sad.
I can't vote for any of these frames I'm afraid.

Great idea for a thread though Batters.
It's just a shame the big O didn't release anything in 2011 worth even a mouse-click to vote for.

Heat expected, but this is just my honest opinion here.

I had a hard time making a choice as well.

C-Wire already existed, Dispatch sequel, Eyepatch sequel, Flak w/ locks, not a fan of the Jury, Plaintiffs are an Aviator with O's, Wind Jacket is pretty cool but the gasket kind of doesn't do much and makes a small/medium fitting jacket sit further off the face.

Jupiter Squared is pretty solid. The Jupiter was an odd looking frame with a bit of feminine flair and throwback style, the Squared is much more modern feeling retro inspired frame, and I think it kicks in the teeth of the Holbrook and Jupiter. I hope they dump the Brook and make a Jupiter Squared XL (though not named that, tired of rehash names!) that fits the Holbrook slot.

The Pit Bull is likely the most solid frame looks wise for me, but they're not very special.

Nope I haven't voted yet. I am torn between the Jury and Pit Bull. There seems to be at least 5 others on the forum that like Jurys:cool:

Had to chose between the Jury and EP2... Came down to which one I'd be able to wear. As much as I like it, the EP2 wouldn't look good on my small face so I went with the Jury, which looks cool.

Back