• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Exclusive: Try Revant Elite HC3™ lenses... on us!

How well do these hold up in a saltwater environment, are they going to delaminate like the visionary and walleva lenses after a couple fishing trips or can they last a couple summers?

If you still have a need for someone with fives squared let me know.

Late to the party, but i have a pair of Fives's 3.0 (same as Squared) and Half Jackets i use fairly often. Would like XLJ on the Halfs if available, but standard is OK too.

Thanks!

Review
uploadfromtaptalk1424719699258.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1424719712929.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1424719726586.jpg

Received these on Saturday 02/21, but was working nights all weekend, so no time to unbox until today. Upon unboxing I agree with others in saying these lenses have a quality feel to them in weight and thickness, as compared to other after market lenses I have tried. The lenses were well packaged and came to me flawless, no scratches or imperfections in the coating. The full size micro bag with the Revant optics logo is very cool. Can always use micro bags and this is a full size for a pair of glasses, not just for the lenses. The bag is white with black logo and printing and of very good quality.

I put the lenses in a Brown Smoke Fives 3.0 that were in need of fresh lenses. The lenses snapped in with ease and the fit is perfect. They do not rattle in the orbitals as some after market lenses do. The fit is snug, but yet they were not hard to snap in. The stealth black is a dark grey based tint and although not a mirror coating, they have a nice sheen to them and it is very difficult to see eyes through them especially in bright sunshine. As you can see from attached pics it is very bright today in NJ for a change. There is also snow on the ground, so there is considerable snow glare as well. The Polarization of the lenses seems to be very good. There is little to no glare and they actually seem on par with OEM lenses. I have a couple of pairs of after market lenses from a couple of different companies and though they all say they are polarized, these Revant lenses have the best polarization of any of them. The tint is dark and provides good protection from the sun. The clarity of the lenses are also very good. First impression is that these are quality lenses. I am going to wear them for a couple of days and hopefully the sun will remain out during that time and I will be able to get a really good feel for them.

So far I feel these are the best after market lenses I have tried. I do not have any Line Gear or some of the higher end after markets. I do however have two Walleva, an Exovista and another pair that I think are Fuse and these Revants are of a much higher quality. So far it's a Thumbs up and I would recommend Revant lenses to others and will definitely purchase their lenses for my Oakleys that no longer have OEM lens options.

Thanks to Kevin and Revant for allowing us to test their product free of charge. As far as I know they are the first after market company to reach out to this forum for opinions of their product. Line Gear is the only other I can think of. It seems that Revant wants to make a product that the Oakley enthusiast will at least consider placing into their Oakley frames when OEM lens options are not available. They seem to be very interested in feedback and fine tuning their product to the needs of Oakley collectors who are very picky about their sunnies and very reluctant to use anything but Oakley OEM replacements. I am sure not all will agree with me but I am not opposed to aftermarket lenses as long as they are a quality product. Just my opinion. Thanks again Kevin.

Lastly, I hope Revant will be producing a full line of Elite lenses in all tints and with their mirror shield coatings. I am anxious to see how they perform as well.

Last edited:
Curious if you have non-vented lenses available for the Jawbone/Racing Jacket? If so, I'd be interested in reviewing the Elite line, or even the standard ones. Thanks.
@pistolpetefan23 We don't have any non vented lenses currently available in our Elite line for Jawbone and Racing Jacket but we are always looking to expand our selection. Not a fan of the vented options?

How well do these hold up in a saltwater environment, are they going to delaminate like the visionary and walleva lenses after a couple fishing trips or can they last a couple summers?

If you still have a need for someone with fives squared let me know.
@Redheadhunter21 These lenses should be great in this environment. If you're referring to a past set of mirrored lenses, these Elite will be much better for you. Most mirror coated lenses have a hard time when coming in contact with salt water, but all Elite lenses at this time do not have a mirror coating as they come in Stealth Black.

That being said, we are looking into ways to protect this mirror coating without compromising the clarity of our lenses. I'll be sure to keep you up to date! -Kevin

@pistolpetefan23 We don't have any non vented lenses currently available in our Elite line for Jawbone and Racing Jacket but we are always looking to expand our selection. Not a fan of the vented options?
Thanks for the response. In both the Split and Jawbone/Racing, I've kind of felt distracted by the vents with the light they let in. I haven't used them full-time, just on a few commutes to work. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to giving it a try if it's the only option. I thought about getting some of your standard, non-vented Fire Red lenses on eBay or I guess perhaps trying the vented Elite line. Not sure what you might have available still.

Also, was curious if you have a real world, non-stock photo option for the Midnight Sun color. I kind of like it but haven't been able to find a real world pic of it. Thanks!

Hi Kevin, I live in sunny South Africa and would love to give these a try in our harsh conditions. My daily wearers are Fuel Cells and Racing Jackets for active days.

View attachment 131409 View attachment 131412 Got mine yesterday. The kit I have is for the Gascan and I installed them on my spare Hobbit Gascan. The packaging is nice. First impressions about the lenses are that they look and feel thick, not like the other paper thin aftermarket lenses that I have tried before. Will wear these later as its barely 6am here.
Ok I don't normally post reviews of anything so I'll make mine as short as possible. As others have already stated, the lenses were well packed. The lenses were thick and not paper thin and felt very well made and doesn't feel cheap like other aftermarket lenses I've bought before. The polarization was good and the neutral base tint felt easy on the eyes and I didn't felt any eye strain while wearing these lenses. Overall the lenses were a good product and a good alternative for OEM if you should go the aftermarket route. Thanks to Kevin and Revant for the opportunity to test these lenses.

Thanks for the response. In both the Split and Jawbone/Racing, I've kind of felt distracted by the vents with the light they let in. I haven't used them full-time, just on a few commutes to work. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to giving it a try if it's the only option. I thought about getting some of your standard, non-vented Fire Red lenses on eBay or I guess perhaps trying the vented Elite line. Not sure what you might have available still.

Also, was curious if you have a real world, non-stock photo option for the Midnight Sun color. I kind of like it but haven't been able to find a real world pic of it. Thanks!
Thanks for letting us know! I'm going to throw on a pair of Vented lenses this week and check this out.

For real world photos of our lenses, I'd recommend checking out our Instagram page (Instagram If you don't have an Instagram, I attached a couple photos below. If you're looking for a specific frame, let me know and I will see what we have! -Kevin

Oakley Frogskin LX Koko Head 4.jpg

Revant-Replacement-Lenses-Oakley-Jawbone-Vented-Midnight-Sun-LIFE1.png

Revant Flak XLJ Midnight Sun Beach.jpg

Review for flak jacket
Theses lenses top notch they are much thicker than any aftermarket lenses I have encountered. They are dark enough on the outside you can't see my eyes but on the inside it doesn't drown out the light. The lenses are crystal clear and the polarization is great. The bottom line is that I will buy another couple sets for my other frames.
Thanks to Revant and to Kevin " He even signed the paperwork for that personal touch "

Back