• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Exclusive: Try Revant Elite HC3™ lenses... on us!

Well here is my first impression on the lenses I received for the fuel cell.

They came well packaged and with a note from Kevin (the Revant guy). First impression was awesome. They seem really dark (which is always good) and thick. Thickness was my main concern, but they seem to be just fine. They fit flawless in my fuel cell with no problem at all. And the "elite" logo is cool as hell

Anyways, that was my quick review of the first impression. I will update this review once I test em out in the sun for a couple days

IMG_20150225_174337604.jpg

IMG_20150225_174513423.jpg

IMG_20150225_174723766.jpg

@Revant Optics (Kevin), How do the Elite's compare to Revant's "Polarized Stealth Black"?

I've found the Stealth Black to be superior in clarity and glare reduction to other grey based lenses.

I recently bought the "Polarized Midnight Sun MirrorShield" lenses, and while the look/quality/thickness is great, they're viewpoint is (obviously) similar to the other colored grey lenses. Fine for medium light, but I find myself wearing the Stealth Black's the most since it's so sunny here in Southern California and traveling across the desert to Arizona - where the light sandy colored desert and blurred heat off the ground can be very monotonous without a crisp lens.

P.S. My first post here, but Oakley owner since 1989.

Last edited:
Just installed my Elite lenses in my Polished Juliet.

They were well packed in a poly bag with individual pouches which was fine but I would have preferred the foam style that Oakley use. The inclusion of a Revant branded microbag was a nice touch as was the inclusion of the Torx driver required for the installation. I know that we all use Wiha but for the average Joe this would be essential; if he had purchased oem lenses he would need to spend extra on the tool...

They went in with no fit issues as experienced by others. Once tightened there is no movement at all in the lenses.

Really liking how 'black' these are!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425044075.274587.jpg

Elite lens is in the right orbital, OEM in the left.

You can also see a difference in base tint

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425044162.500741.jpg

Only time will tell if they give me any distortion induced headaches but I think they will be fine - it would be good to see some lab based test results on them.

I personally liked the etching but I know this will split opinion.

Overall, I am more than happy to keep these in for a longer term assessment and would consider buying more in the future. I don't know if more colours are planned in the Elite range - I would love to test a Ruby at some point.

At this price point they would have to be viable to the average consumer and also to the enthusiasts if OEM isn't readily available.

Thanks to Kevin at Revant for letting me have these to try out.

Well now that I've had a couple of days using these lenses here is what I think:

The clarity is just awesome. I couldn't tell the difference in clarity between the Revant lenses and Oakley lenses. Even though it doesn't have an iridium coating, they look like they do because the lens is so dark that nobody can see your eyes anyway.

I've tried them in both a cloudy day and a sunny day, and let me tell you that in the cloudy day it was amazing how I could see everything with such clarity. Same goes for the sunny day. I can't say enough how pleased I am with these lenses. I would really like to do an impact test just to see how they stand up to that.

Thanks a lot to Revant and Kevin for providing these to us at no cost and.

FYI: just cause they were free didn't mean I had to say something good about these lenses. If I would've disliked them I would've said so

IMG_20150227_122925.jpg

IMG_20150227_122951.jpg

So here is my review of the Revant Elite HC3 Lenses, Half Jacket XLJ. The box arrived in the mail. I noticed right away as others have stated they were packed very well. There was a nice note from Kevin saying thank you for trying out his lenses. I felt as if I should be the one saying thank you.

Both lenses were packed in a plastic pocket. There is a very nice full size bag in the box. I really like the bag!

I removed the lenses and noticed right away they were very thick. You can tell these are not some cheap lenses. They have obviously put some quality into these, and not just tried to make some cheap Oakley knock off lenses. I removed my Oakley lenses and installed the Revant lenses. They snapped right in with no problems. The fit is great! I also really like the Elite etching on the bottom corner of the lens.

Okay so on with the testing part. I have 2 pairs of Half Jackets. One pair has some Oakley Black Polarized lenses in them. The other pair has the Revant Black Elite Polarized lenses in them. I have been wearing both of them on and off all week, switching back and forth between the two. I don't have a lot of fancy equipment to test for light transmission or anything like that. What I can tell though is as an average sunglass wearer I cannot tell any difference between the two.

Looking through them objects are very clear and have no distortion. I wore them down to the river this week and looked into the water. The polarization is very good.

Bottom line with this is I have been buying Oakley's for many years and spent a lot of money! Never once have they ever sent me a free pair of lenses in the mail just to try out. Revant believes very strongly in their product and customers or they wouldn't do this. Yes I would recommend their product to anyone needing new lenses. Especially for frames where Oakley no longer makes lenses.

I have read all the other reviews in this thread and have not seen one negative review yet. I would like to see more colors in the future. If I had a complaint that would be the only one, but I'm sure they are working on that.

Thank you Kevin and @Revant Optics for giving me the opportunity to test your product, it was fun and I'm impressed.

Finally had a day of bright, full sunlight! We've had a decent amount of snow here in the greater Detroit area so it was darn near blinding this morning! I'll start with saying the packaging was great, same experience as what was previously mentioned by other posts. Love the bag, using it now! The lenses are thick! Identical to the thickness of the half jacket OEM lenses I took out. Install was easy, those puppies aren't going anywhere, fit was excellent.
Took them outside today, although the bright full sun was blinding I didn't notice. These babies cut the bright light and the glare from all the darn snow. The contrast was excellent. I noticed no distortion whatsoever, but hey, I never could see the hair on a gnats @$$ with my OEM lenses anyway, so I'll leave the clarity testing up to folks with optical equipment. No headache whatsoever.
Bottom line, I like these lenses. I NEVER wear my half jackets, I'm a metal guy, but because of these lenses I will start wearing my half jackets again! My biggest regret is not finding this thread early enough to try out a Juliet lens. Easy enough thing to remedy as I will place an order for a Revant HC3 Juliet lens shortly. I can't give them a higher compliment than my business. This is a solid lens at a great price point. Would love to see additional colors offered in this line. @Revant Optics thank you for the opportunity to try these lenses. Job well done. You've given an OEM lens guy a reason to pause and try something different and I'm very glad that I did!

So far really enjoying my half jacket XLJ lens that @Revant Optics sent me. I have only had 1 day to use them but they performed comparable to Oakley lens IMO. Really excited to see different color/reflective options from Revant in the future. I for one would like to see some options for my Splices and Juliets of course.

Well these turned up in the mail yesterday.

_DSC5762 copy.jpg

No damage or chips in the lenses and others have already mentioned the full size Revant microfiber bag is a nice touch....

I put them in my SI fives squared today which have the standard Grey Polar in them so I thought it would be a good comparison. Before I post the pics others have mentioned the thickness of these lenses. I measured the OEM lenses and the Revant with digital callipers and they are almost identical with the Revant actually being .03-05mm thicker. They popped into the frame without issue and fit nice and snug with no play whatsoever.

Revant on the left OEM on the right

_DSC5776 copy.jpg

_DSC5777 copy.jpg

_DSC5778 copy.jpg

All swapped over now ready for testing over the next few days/week. The ELITE etching is indeed a nice addition and I don't find it intrudes on my view at least not any more than the Polarized etching on the OEM does.

_DSC5779 copy.jpg

_DSC5780 copy.jpg

I will test these out further before finishing but my initial impression of these lenses is good so far.

Again thanks to Kevin and the rest of the Revant optics team for offering this opportunity to the forum, it's great to see a company after honest feedback whilst still being willing to stand behind their product.

Latest Posts

Back