• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Exclusive: Try Revant Elite HC3™ lenses... on us!

@Revant Optics (Kevin), How do the Elite's compare to Revant's "Polarized Stealth Black"?

I've found the Stealth Black to be superior in clarity and glare reduction to other grey based lenses.

I recently bought the "Polarized Midnight Sun MirrorShield" lenses, and while the look/quality/thickness is great, they're viewpoint is (obviously) similar to the other colored grey lenses. Fine for medium light, but I find myself wearing the Stealth Black's the most since it's so sunny here in Southern California and traveling across the desert to Arizona - where the light sandy colored desert and blurred heat off the ground can be very monotonous without a crisp lens.

P.S. My first post here, but Oakley owner since 1989.
@BalboaH2O Welcome to the forum and awesome to have you here! Glad you asked, this is a great question. Over the last couple months, I personally wear the Stealth Black and Elite HC3 more than any lenses in my collection. Look wise, these lenses are pretty much the same. Grabbed a picture of these lenses side by side in my Fuel Cells (Stealth Black (left side - right eye lens), Elite (right side - left eye lens. Etching on Elite lens)).
IMG_6331.JPG

Now lighting may be a little off here as I didn't set this up too much, but you can see they are pretty similar. The Stealth Black looking just a tad darker.

As for looking through the lenses, I'd say if you like the Stealth Black lenses you'll absolutely love Elite. Both are listed at an 8% VLT, but when looking through the Elite lenses it personally seems a bit lighter and definitely an upgrade in clarity (taper corrected/decentered lens, so this is expected). All the pictures I ended up taking resulted in these lenses looking identical through a camera, but I will note colors are more vibrant in Elite. Just took a quick trip outside to compare side by side, and the best example that comes to mind is looking at the sky on a sunny/clear day like today. Through Elite, the blues of the sky come through incredibly clear bringing out an awesome true color of the sky. While when wearing the Stealth Black it seems to give your view a slightly darker view tint. The blue sky will have the slightest bit of a grey tint added, instead of really bringing out those blues. Nothing that will effect your vision by any means, but wanted to call out even the slightest of difference for you guys because these lenses are similar. If you have any other questions feel free to post them in this thread or DM me anytime! Love getting questions like this answered for everyone.

Again I'd like to thank all of those posted a review. Incredibly awesome reading these, and I can't thank everyone enough. That being said, I know there are still some who haven't had the time to get this posted. No rush by any means, I want to make sure you get some good usage out of your lenses before posting!
-Kevin

I've been lucky enough to have been sent a pair of these elite lenses to test out in my Flak Jackets.

As everyone else who has received a pair of these lenses has said, packaging is excellent and the fit & finish are perfect in my pair. They clicked straight into my frames just as easily and securely as OEM.

The weather has been pretty good so far this week so I have been able to use the lenses everyday on my cycle to work. The optics and clarity are very impressive for an aftermarket brand. The polarisation elimates glare from puddles and annoying reflections from car windows. The base tint is neutral but the contrast seems to be enhanced, even on a cloudy day the lenses are not too dark and you are still able to see perfectly.

Durability seems good so far as they've survived being thrown in my helmet during the day and don't seem to have picked up a mark.

Overall I am incredibly impressed by these elite lenses. They are without doubt the best quality aftermarket lenses I have had the opportunity to use. I think I will be picking up a set for my Juliets as I need a pair of black polarised lenses and I am struggling to find a pair of BIP for a descent price.

Thank you Kevin and Revant for giving me the opportunity to test out a pair of your elite lenses.

Any chane you're going to be making the elite lenses for available for Romeo 1s?

Any chane you're going to be making the elite lenses for available for Romeo 1s?
Not any plans for this frame at this time but we will be expanding our Elite line in the near future. I'll make sure the OakleyForum voice is heard at Revant and bring up the idea of getting these available for all X Metal frames!

Thanks to this thread, I just bought a pair of replacement lenses for my old Oakley Felons. I was hesitant to buy non-Oakley optics but reading this thread as well as Amazon reviews made me more comfortable to buy Revant lenses.
Awesome to hear this, and would love to hear what you think of your lenses when they arrive too! Which lenses did you go with?
If any questions come up, feel free to send me a PM here. -Kevin

So here is my review of the Revant HC3 for the Oakley Fives Squared.

When i came back home from a trip out west, to my delight, a package from Revant appeared in my mail box. I proceeded to opening said package and there it was, a letter from Kevin and the lenses in a neat little box. At first impression, I like the packaging and the microfiber bag for the glasses. The lens were fairly easy to change. At first touch, they felt of quality. I really like the etching on the lens, gives them a custom look. Wearing them outside on a sunny day, it did its job. The vision was clear and enhanced. Overall, this are the next best thing to OEM Oakley lens. i would definitely buy some more for my collection. Thank you Kevin and the Revant team for letting this Oakley enthusiast try your lenses. Great product!

Just one Comment, any thought of venturing into the Rx lens for those who need prescriptions?

Thanks!

Agi!

20150224_234142.jpg

20150224_234302.jpg

20150224_234550.jpg

20150224_235020.jpg

So here is my review of the Revant HC3 for the Oakley Fives Squared.

When i came back home from a trip out west, to my delight, a package from Revant appeared in my mail box. I proceeded to opening said package and there it was, a letter from Kevin and the lenses in a neat little box. At first impression, I like the packaging and the microfiber bag for the glasses. The lens were fairly easy to change. At first touch, they felt of quality. I really like the etching on the lens, gives them a custom look. Wearing them outside on a sunny day, it did its job. The vision was clear and enhanced. Overall, this are the next best thing to OEM Oakley lens. i would definitely buy some more for my collection. Thank you Kevin and the Revant team for letting this Oakley enthusiast try your lenses. Great product!

Just one Comment, any thought of venturing into the Rx lens for those who need prescriptions?

Thanks!

Agi!

View attachment 135549

View attachment 135550

View attachment 135553

View attachment 135555

I meant to ask that too. I hope you guys do rx

....Just one Comment, any thought of venturing into the Rx lens for those who need prescriptions?

Thanks!

Agi!
I meant to ask that too. I hope you guys do rx
Great callout guys. I know this is definitely on our radar, but I'll bring this up with the team again this week. Were you thinking of normal Rx, Rx sun, or both? I assume both, but would love to hear what you had in mind. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the Rx front!

We are also in the process putting together a survey about Revant and potential future products. I'll post the link to that survey on the forum when this is available so whoever wants to chime in, definitely can. It would be a great place to further voice your opinion for an Rx program (or anything else you had in mind) in a place that the entire team will read. Also, I believe filling out the survey will enter you to win some lenses which is always nice.

Let me know if you have any other questions! -Kevin

So I wanted clear lenses for my oakley fuel cell. I checked on oakley vault checked on okley website checked on oakleysi site . Guess what no body has any so I checked on Revant website and presto ordered some:cool-20:

Awesome to hear this, and would love to hear what you think of your lenses when they arrive too! Which lenses did you go with?
If any questions come up, feel free to send me a PM here. -Kevin

I went with the Titanium MirrorShield™ - Polarized. I may pick up the Elite lenses for my Racing Jackets some time in the future.

Great callout guys. I know this is definitely on our radar, but I'll bring this up with the team again this week. Were you thinking of normal Rx, Rx sun, or both? I assume both, but would love to hear what you had in mind. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the Rx front!

We are also in the process putting together a survey about Revant and potential future products. I'll post the link to that survey on the forum when this is available so whoever wants to chime in, definitely can. It would be a great place to further voice your opinion for an Rx program (or anything else you had in mind) in a place that the entire team will read. Also, I believe filling out the survey will enter you to win some lenses which is always nice.

Let me know if you have any other questions! -Kevin

I wouldn't mind just some regular rx

Back