• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Exclusive: Try Revant Elite HC3™ lenses... on us!

I would love to try some on a Romeo 1, X squared or Juliet!
I can guarantee a full review with pictures.

Thank you Kevin and Team Revant!

I have been testing out the Elite HC3 lenses for about a week now in my Juliets. Thanks Kevin for allowing me to be a test subject!

So far, I am pleasantly surprised all around. I joked around in my original post in this thread that the entire reason I found OakleyForums almost a year ago is by doing a Google search to find reviews on after market lenses when my local O Store told me they no longer made replacement lenses for my Juliet/XX. I had already ordered a pair from another company and let me just say they don't even compare to the Elite HC3s. After my week long use, I would have no hesitations about using a pair of these if I could not find an OEM pair to my liking.

As for the lenses, they were pretty impressive out of the box. As others have posted, they come packaged nicely and included a neat white micro cloth with the company name and logo. I was pretty impressed with the thickness of the lenses and how they felt quite a bit more premium than the other aftermarket brand I had tried previously. In terms of the optics, I don't have any fancy equipment to test, but I did not experience any headaches and didn't notice any blur or distortion at all. They seem clear and easy to wear. The light transmission was great if you are looking for a very dark pair and aren't concerned about contrast. I noticed they definitely have more of a "stealth" look if you will, as they aren't quite as reflective as say your normal iridium coating, but I still could not see my eyes through them, which is mostly what I care about.

The only issue I had was a slight difficulty getting them to fit my frames. Granted this is a very worn pair of Juliets that I have had for about 15 years now with near daily use, but if I did not tighten them down tight, they would pop out around the outside/hinges. This made it hard to use my Linegear washers I had on the orbitals and eventually squish the washers quite a bit to get them to stay in place. However, once I got the screws tightened down there is no movement at all and had no further issues. Again, this could just be my pair as no others have mentioned this in their reviews.

I think that pretty much sums up my review so far. Thanks again for the chance to test these out Kevin! :cool-20:

A few questions I have for either Kevin or anyone else that can answer, since I'm pretty new to Revant:

1. How do the Elite HC3 stack up to the "regular" line of Revant Lenses? What is different about them? Improved optics, thickness, etc?

2. If there is a quality difference, do you plan to release new Elite HC3 colors for the current models supported? I'd love to try out some different colors that Oakley doesn't offer, but want to make sure they are the same quality as the Elite HC3s I got to try out.

Edit: Corrected lens fitting part. I eventually got the Linegear washers to work, just a bit squished.

Last edited:
Thank you all for sharing your opinions about our lenses here on Oakley Forum. We've (secretly) used this feedback to improve our everyday lenses for years now, and we're continually looking for interesting ways to bring new life to your favorite frames.

In August we released our most advanced lens yet, Revant Elite HC3. The Elite line has been really well received by a number of folks, but we really want to know what you think. To that end we're offering 35 pairs of Elite lenses to the Oakley Forum community at no charge. The only cost will be your opinions.

Comment below with your frame if you'd like to receive a free pair of Elite lenses. At this time we don't offer Elite for every Oakley frame (we're working on it - promise) but if you own a frame listed below you're in luck. We'll PM you to get your info and ship the lenses straight away, easy as that. Compare the lenses with your current pair, post pictures, put them through the test, and then post your opinion in this thread. Tell us what you like about the lenses, what you dislike, how you'd improve them, etc. We're looking for your honest take on what we believe to be some of the best lenses available anywhere.

This offer is exclusive to Oakley Forum and will be limited to 35 pairs, so make sure you don't miss out! Availability is below, first come - first serve.

Gascan (5 pairs), Flak Jacket (5 pairs), Fives Squared (5 pairs - will also fit Fives 3.0), Juliet (5 pairs), Half Jacket (5 pairs), Half Jacket XLJ (5 pairs), Jawbone Vented (5 pairs - will also fit Racing Jacket).​

Stealth Black Elite HC3 lenses for these frames are also available on our website, although they are not included in this offer: Flak Jacket XLJ, Fuel Cell, Holbrook, Fives 3.0, and Racing Jacket Vented. More color options and Elite HC3 lenses for more frames coming soon!

(Don't own any frames we carry Elite lenses for? Let us know which frames you do have and we will see what we can do!)

-Kevin

I would like to try your new Revant Elite HC3 lenses for my Oakley Holbrooks. I am a Revant owner and would like to experience and provide a complete review and photos of your newest offering.

Thank you Kevin & Team Revant

I would like to try your new Revant Elite HC3 lenses for my Oakley Holbrooks. I am a Revant owner and would like to experience and provide a complete review and photos of your newest offering.

Thank you Kevin & Team Revant

The below comment shows what Kevin has listed as available to try, limited to 35 pairs. Holbrook lenses were NOT included in the offer but you can still buy them on their website.

This offer is exclusive to Oakley Forum and will be limited to 35 pairs, so make sure you don't miss out! Availability is below, first come - first serve.

Gascan (5 pairs), Flak Jacket (5 pairs), Fives Squared (5 pairs - will also fit Fives 3.0), Juliet (5 pairs), Half Jacket (5 pairs), Half Jacket XLJ (5 pairs), Jawbone Vented (5 pairs - will also fit Racing Jacket).

Stealth Black Elite HC3 lenses for these frames are also available on our website, although they are not included in this offer: Flak Jacket XLJ, Fuel Cell, Holbrook, Fives 3.0, and Racing Jacket Vented. More color options and Elite HC3 lenses for more frames coming soon!

Read more: Oakley Forum Exclusive: Try Revant Elite HC3™ lenses... on us! | Page 16 | Oakley Forum

I don't want to sound like forum police, impose speaking on behalf of Revant, or give a negative vibe at all, but I'm thinking OP needs to be updated or something regarding the current status of this offer.

While Kevin did note that he was gonna look into frames not listed, there's still people asking for lenses which already already hit above 5 requests, or lenses on the other list that are explicitly stated to not be included in this offer. Now of course there's the whole "it doesn't hurt to ask", and worst can happen is getting a "no", but at the same time it's classless not to acknowledge the circumstances outlined in the original post.

Guesstimating the average list price of $50 a pair, he already offered up like $1750 worth of lenses here. Major ups in generosity if he's accommodating beyond his stated limit, but people should take just a literal minute in reading his post or account the requests considering the time of day he gave to users at this forum.

I enjoyed the half jacket lenses he provided me so much I bought a set of Elite HC3 black from their ebay store for my newest daily beater Juliet. Wore it all day yesterday. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. Lenses were awesome and I'm very happy with them. I'd love to see an actual review of their optics vs Oakley optics. Overall I'd say I'm very pleased with this product. :)

I have been using the Half a jacket XLJ Revant Elite lenses for a couple weeks and love them. The first thing I noticed was the fit and finish of the lenses to me as nice as oem Oakley. I really enjoy looking through the lenses very clear optics. I find the balance of the color looking through them to be spot on. I have had the other coaches on my baseball staff comment on how they liked the look of them. I really want to thank Kevin and Revant for the opertnunity to test the lenses. I can see me buying Revant in the near future.

Back