• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Logo/Header Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Now that we have Oakley Forum 3.0 up and running, we do have a lot of header space. We know a lot of members on here are also good with graphic design so we figured we would hold a contest for a Logo/Header design.

As you can see we put together a new Logo for the site. But we do have a lot of space in the header. XMetalManiac suggested we hold a contest and see what the site comes up with!

For reference the header is the area shown below.
screenshot20130402at100.png

The new header should blend somewhat with the websites color palette/the header background. Since the website width is fluid(meaning it expands and contracts with the width of your browser), any header/logo will be on top of the current header background.

The current height of the header is 120px, though I think the max for this contest should be around 240px. Max Width is 800px, since this is the board minimum width. You are allowed to make it smaller if you wish or design just a logo if you like. As I explained above if you create a header it will most likely be on top of the current gradient blue header when the site width is expanded.

Also for reference, our current font is Franchise Bold(Available for download here: Franchise Font | dafont.com)

The winner will receive 1 Year Premium Membership for FREE!

All submissions are due by April 20th 2013 at 11:59PM EST. After, we will hold a Poll and the forum can decide who the winner is.

You can submit your design by either posting it in this thread or if you wish to keep it private until the poll, you may PM it to me or email me at admin@OakleyForum.com

Rules, and Terms and Conditions
1) Current Height=120px, Max Height=240px Max Width=800px.

2) No copyrighted Images, unless you have permission to use them. If you need help with which images are copyrighted or what not, feel free to message me and I will be able to help.

3) You understand that if you are selected OakleyForum.com has the right to use the design/logo however it wishes.

4) Submissions may be .JPG, .Png, .Gif format however the winner will be required to submit the working files(i.e .psd, .ai etc.) for future use.

5) The design should include "OakleyForum.com" and our slogan "Because O Matters" somewhere in it.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me or ask in this thread.

This is interesting. I will try to make one and hopefully to beat the deadline.

Here is a little something I threw together.
OakleyForumHeader_zps0ba2a2a8.jpg

& placed on the forum for a better visualization.
HeaderDemo_zps055f71a9.jpg

Here's my entry. I didn't use any images due to copyright issues. And I used a different font. I hope this is ok. I traced the Radar and PB using Illustrator.
Oakley_Header02.jpg

Close up of the design.
Oakley_Header03.jpg

Oakley_HeaderNEW2.jpg

Oakley_HeaderNEW3.jpg

Oakley_HeaderNEW4.jpg

Oakley_HeaderNEW5.jpg

Nicely done! looks like we will have some good competition!

genes looks cool - probably, because he has the PB in there

i wanna see more :popcorn:

Thanks! I also made other version for Mars and Juliet. But the PB looks great with forum color... PB Tron. :) Are we allowed to send multiple entries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back