• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Logo/Header Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I also made other version for Mars and Juliet. But the PB looks great with forum color... PB Tron. :) Are we allowed to send multiple entries?
Damn you're good man. & I dont see why not sharing multiple entries, your ideas will only inspire more ideas and just make the competition that much better.

The PB looks sick but you are more than welcome to share multiple entries if you want.

OK, I figured I'd give this a whirl...

My goal was to design a series of banner images that can be rotated so that a different banner could be displayed each time a forum page is loaded. This is easily achieved with PHP or Javascript. I'm pretty sure Boss already knows how to do it. If he only wants to use one image, he could just pick his favorite, I guess.

Since the forum pages are filled with all kinds of things like icons, avatars, buttons and menus, I wanted to keep the banners relatively simple so as to not make things look cluttered and detract from the overall impression of the page. Less is usually more...and I tried to keep things balanced.

I also wanted to keep the theme consistent, using the same font style throughout but using textures such as mother of pearl, wood, stone, etc. to vary things a bit. I complemented each title with an additional graphic, either an Oakley branding logo or a pair of iconic Oakley sunglasses.

To give an impression of how the banners will look on the site, the samples include portions of the site's menu in the images. The banners themselves are PNG images with transparency, so they are independent of the site's color scheme (see below).

Banner_Square_O_zps0900c956.png

Banner_Oval_O_zpsadd46607.png

Banner_X-Metal_zps38c95069.png

Banner_Juliet_zps39d9cdb5.png

Banner_Frogskins_zpse4df0c51.png

Banner_Radar_zps309e21ba.png

If OakleyBoss decides at some point to add more forum styles with different color schemes, the translucent parts of the images will adapt to the new colors. This eliminates the need for creating a new set of images for every new style.

Some examples:

Banner_Frogskins_2_zps7defe491.png

Banner_Juliet_2_zps74033f81.png

Banner_Radar_2_zps9be4fa8e.png

Hope you like them as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Looks like the competition is heating up. 3 more days to submit entries, then we will have a board wide vote!

Here they are. Still played around with the same concept because I don't have any good pictures to use. I also have other versions like Monster Dog, Romeo, etc.

Oakley_HeaderNEW2.jpg

Oakley_HeaderNEW3.jpg

Oakley_HeaderNEW4.jpg

Oakley_HeaderNEW5.jpg

Gene and MrMoonlight.......you guys rock, seriously. Amazing stuff. I'd have a hard time picking which is better they're so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back