• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum PSA: Fakes Or Discussion Of Fakes Will Not Be Tolerated

I think that its better to take a proactive approach rather to wait until someone gets scammed before making and enforcing these rules.

id have to agree with batwolf on this, its not a big deal to have a few post under your belt. this way they can explore the forum, get to see how everyone is and start talking with everyone. im not against new members one bit. ive been around early on and seen this site grow. my post count isnt that high but im on here all the time just watching everything. im part of other forums where they did exactly this. i started being able to look at the exchange section and then one day couldnt. they had a 30 post limit and 45 days as a member on there and i honestly didnt care. i was only a few post away so with time i would b there. if you think its not a big deal to have no post limit and say someone come on and try to sell something right away. but with no history and there first post being a for sale thread it would raise flags in my head. so if everyone does the same thing and over looks the post and nobody has any interest that member get burnt. why not get your name out here and show people your a trust worthy guy/girl. its all about keeping the guys who really want to be here here and the guys who are trying to make a buck to know thats not our kind of site

First... thanks for running a nice and friendly site. As a new member here I understand the need to limit the exchange forum to "more trusted" individuals. However, when I joined in January it was open and I was looking at a number of items for sale (specifically some Minute Machines offered my Dr. Chop). Then I came back a couple of weeks ago and could not see if they were still available. Is it possible to limit the viewing of those sections to people with 10+ posts and limit thread creation in those sections to people with a higher number (or longer period of time). Just wondering. Thanks again.

if you joined in january, you should be aight then

I am... as of tonight. I just hit my 10th (now 11th post). But for a while there I was not able to get to the exchanges. That being said, I definatly do appreciate getting to know others before being respected both as a buyer and/or seller.

As much as the admin put processes in place like minimum post count or a minimum time on the board if people want to scam they will scan.. I think the best thing this board has which will protect them is the I trader rating and the knowledge that each member has about Oakleys.

Not to say the above processes won't be welcomed but don't expect scamming to just stop dead when they come into place.. People need to be vigilant too.

How about granting selling rights.. If some one wants to sell something they contact the admin/mods 1st, gives them all the info about the product and contact details etc then grants them permission to create a post in the exchange forum.

@qtrain - it's not just about to "earn the right " to watch the exchange section!
the community grows and at this point, all mods have to take a closer look, what's going on here. during the last few weeks we had a lot of "discussion" in different threads where some members gave advices to newbies and after those advices it's getting "nasty".

if anybody see any problem please PM a mod! we cant have 2000 mods on here... the mod-team will take care of everything if we get an pm.

i love the community and we all have to respect, that we are over 2000 different individuals with a different kind of view. everybody should take a deep breath, before he jumps on some newbie or seller!!!

so lets talk about Oakleys new releases and some old school stuff - and please dudes watches your mouth. we are an open family-friendly community and wanna have FUN.

@mottles that would be a lot of work for the mods :tongue:

@mottles that would be a lot of work for the mods :tongue:

Completely agree that it will would equal more work but surely as the community grows the quota of mods needs to grow also. But saying that I know how much time and effort being a mod on a forum can be.. With no reward only for the love the subject matter.

I also agree some of the responses to relatively new posters have just been rude and not very welcoming.. I never experienced it personally but recently it has increased... Your post count doesnt allow you to act like you are an oakley god.. Manners cost nothing!

I think the problem is some people are focusing the value of this forum as a marketplace. It's not a marketplace! It's a forum that just so happens to have a classified section. Ebay and craigslist exist as marketplaces. Imagine how easy it would be to moderate if the classified section was gone. Mo money mo problems.

Back