1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeccaBear

BeccaBear Oakley Beginner

I know for a fact that I will NEVER find these frames in any UK store, but I see they're on the UK oakley site and they all look quite interesting...

So with that said, what are your thoughts on these frames...

Polished Black
    Gray Smoke
    Gray Ink
    Polished White
    Clear

I know silver frames are easily damaged by sweat / suncream / makeup(?) does the same apply to the above? Also is clear clear as in see through? Because they just kinda look like a very pale silver on the website...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I'm not a fan of polished frames. A lot of people are.

The inks I like, they're generally pretty dark matte colors. The smokes I think let more light through, and have the texture of the polished frames.

Chris A Hardaway and BeccaBear like this.
  3. BeccaBear

So of the ones I mentioned the Gray Ink are the winners? Lol I'm just trying to think of some options which would go along well with daily prizm lenses and the Gray Ink does look quite pretty

4. BeccaBear

After viewing some pics of people wearing the clear frame I've come to the conclusion that I do not like them. It makes them look cheap imo

:behindsofa:

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Clear is a crystal clear, has the same texture as the smoke and crystal frames, which are similar to polished.

MATTE clear, on the other hand, is a sweet frame color.

Though I prefer any translucent or clear frame with a lighter lens tint. Going full dark sun lenses then allowing light through the frame? Pass.

Matte black, for all of your sunglass needs. Standard, vanilla, dark, retro, metal, dressy, classy, aggressive, all available in matte black.

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  6. BeccaBear

Matte black is good yes.... Im only leaning against it because I like to customise as I like to be different / awkward ;) lol

7. Lupetto

Lupetto Oakley Collector

Oakley Frame Opinions - image.jpg Buy an X-metal and never look back. Behind you will be meh... I recommend a Xs ( X-squared ) and custom lenses from a cutter. Total cost around 500$ for a glasses only but you will trip how much you'll love em!

Last edited: 5/21/16
    Chris A Hardaway likes this.
  8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

This. Agreed

9. BeccaBear

But what's a girl supposed to do if she likes being deliberately awkward? :( matte black doesn't say "I went out of my way to be different" to me ;) lol

10. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Then get the matte black pair. Paint some polka dots and tiger stripes on them. You will be all good then. ;)

Mrs H, oakman1992 and BeccaBear like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.