• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Frogskins Vs Ray-Ban Wayfarers?

sunglassfiend

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ok all, so I'm sure I can already guess that this forum is going to be pro Frogskins, but at the same time Wayfarers are a classic, so I wanted to see what the arguments were on both sides. They are obviously similar glasses.

I've heard a lot of friends pick up my Frogs and say they feel "cheap", but when I pick up friends Wayfarer's they don't feel durable, they feel just heavy to me, almost weighted.

What do you all think? And let's try to keep this civil :)

The glass lenses in ray bans are more resistant to micro scratches which I would consider an advantage. Those glass lenses are very heavy and add a lot of weight. The ray bans tend to want to fall off when you lean forward.

The light weight frogs can be repaired if the hinge joint is stressed unlike ray bans. Color options are far more varied in the frog range. Every body has ray bans and blends in. Frogs stand out. There are plenty of other advantages that o matter holds over acetate but that's enough out of me

I prefer the look of the Frogskins over the Wayfarer. Also, like everyone else has stated, the weight of the Wayfarer is quite heavy compared to Frogs. Frogskins are more comfortable to me too.

I've had.this discussion with some friends and roommates a few times. Personally I like the larger frame and thin ear stems of the Frogskins. Though they are very popular ,I think they add to a much more original look than if you were to wear Wayfarers.

I always act like I don't know what Ray Bans are when people tell me my frogs look like Wayfarers.

Really though, the lightweight design with swapable parts put frogskins in an entirely different category.

Wayfarers are good to stand around in, but frogs you can wear em kayaking or to a funeral. All in 1

I sell both and it seems people either go for one or the other, they don't usually compare. Ray Ban has its own following like Oakley. I personally like the quality better on the Frogskins LX over Wayfarer.

Honestly Frogskins don't fit or suit me at all and I could rock wayfarers all day and look good but I could never go back to sub par lenses ever again!

Back