• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Fuel Cell, Glossy Black Versus Matte Black...`

i like the matt finish better although i find that finish shows up greasy marks, so regular cleaning is needed, as for the name etching i'd say no to having your name engraved on the lens, maybe you could have fuel cell engraved onto it instead

Yeh I like the matte look also, especially on the Ducatti Fuel Cells. The whole matte concept is fairly new, but I love it. As for name etching, thats all up to you. I have a pair of etched sunglasses and love it because they are personalized and its something cool to show off. However if you are more into collecting than wearing, then I would say keep it simple. It's whatever you want. :)

Personally, I like the polished look. It has matte on the earstem, so you get the best of both worlds. It's also easier to clean in my opinion. I've never been big on the matte finish. If you do go with matte, however, get the Ducati and add ruby lenses. I think that would look sick.

Latest Posts

Back