• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Gearbox Unobtainium Strap Durability And Replacement?

So they emailed back saying " If you would like to set up a service order please contact our Customer Care department at (800) 403-7449. Our representatives will be able to let you know what options are available for your Gearbox"
And so I called and basically they told me the same thing, that I would need to send my watch in to get a replacement strap because they switch it out themselves. Although its extremely easy to do. I've taken it apart to clean it. Just need 2 flathead screwdrivers. The representative told me at this time they do not sell replacement accessory parts by themselves so the watch needs to be sent in. The only accessory for watches they sell at this time are the face-plates for the new watch that recently came out..i think its called the killswitch

Guess I'll just keep wearing this watch til one day this beast of a strap breaks. Can easily go another 3.5 years im guessing.
I figured, that's usually Oakley's response. The strap is pretty hefty, so I imagine it will last a while.

I called about my 12 gauge just so see if I could get one and keep it for later. Answer was NO but they would set up a time for me to do a walk in Service call at HQ if I wanted.

The 12 gauge strap is different but it was not anywhere close to $30. It was over $200.

If you are close call or go in to HQ walk up service.

Stopped by HQ today at walk in warranty. Guy named Chad helped me out. Unfortunately the watch technician was not there and wont be in until Monday so I was not able to get a replacement band yet but Chad said the band may cost 90 or 95 for the part itself. I left my contact info so they can follow up on Monday.

Stopped by HQ today at walk in warranty. Guy named Chad helped me out. Unfortunately the watch technician was not there and wont be in until Monday so I was not able to get a replacement band yet but Chad said the band may cost 90 or 95 for the part itself. I left my contact info so they can follow up on Monday.
If you think about it can you do me a favor and ask about the 12 gauge band? Cost and if they have them there?

I just called the Customer Service number. I have not tried HQ walk up service yet.

Did you ever get a hard number on replacing the band???

I've been looking for a white gearbox band for a long time, if you can help a brother out I would be eternally grateful!

Last edited:
I was able to get a replacemnet band in the walk-in warranty. I got a black one. I think it was 65 dollars for a new one plus tax.

Looking to buy a Auotomatic Gearbox watch and was wondering where the best place to buy this at??? I see them beng sold on Ebay, any othe places to buy this?

I know this might be asking a lot but could you ask about the titanium link strap for the gearbox? have the titanium gearbox with unobtanium band, would like to have that TI band to throw on when wearing the watch with a suit.

Back