• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley "Goggle" Display Case?

del518

I have a few pair.....
Upstate New York
Has anyone used or modified an Oakley "Goggle" Display case/stand for your glasses?

There is one for sale locally by me, relatively cheap....but the shelves are made of alumnium and slanted. There are a few on EBay like it. The one by me is pretty cheap and does not come with any glass doors. It is more of an open shelf unit.

Looking at it myself...I don't see how it could be used to display glasses, but I thought I would ask here.

So, this thing is still for sale by me and the gentlemen selling it sent me some pics today.

What I would like to do is drill out the riverts/screws holding the slanted shelfs and replace it with rivets/screws that will hold some plexi glass shelves. It is only $40 so I won't be out a lot of money if doesn't work out.

082711192815.jpg

082711192803_01.jpg

082711192744_01.jpg

082711192724_01.jpg

I picked it up this afternoon and haven't really had a good chance to look it over as I was in a hurry to get home. It is currently sitting in the back of my truck under my tonneau cover. My wife doesn't know yet...so I am going to have to sneak it in the basement later tonight. I honestly think it is going to be a bitch to drill out the slanted shelves, but we will see.

Some recent pics.
The shelves look discolored....but they are just dirty.
2011-09-04144113.jpg

There is room for a light on top as their is a thin piece of milky colored plexglass on the top. However, I might go with LEDs
2011-09-04144125.jpg

Three shelves down and two to go. Luckily I have a dremel which makes it go rather quickly.
2011-09-04164102.jpg

All shelves have been removed.
2011-09-04172906.jpg

Before polishing and after polishing.
2011-09-04174703.jpg

I hope to have it finished tomorrow.

Right now I am going to sit down have a drink and catch up on what I missed on the forum today.

I used some aluminum polish that I have for my motorcycle. It is Mother's Aluminum polish. I might finish polishing it tonight. Then tomorrow I just need to figure out how to affix the brackets for the shelves....and buy the shelves.

Latest Posts

Back