• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Half X & Romeo 2.0 fit questions

Hello,

I am planning to buy one of these glasses and wonder if they'll fit comfortably on a 59cm head?

If someone could measure the sunglasses distance between the tips of the arms it would be of assistance.

Thanks alot
Do not mess with the Half X unless you love stress and headaches. Trust me, I know. Not an expert by any means but, as a newbie, heed my warning. But, on the otherhand, if you want a pair...:rolleyes:...PM me.

Thanks for the replies. I am definately going then after some Romeo 2.0's, they also look cooler than the half X.

I wonder is it possible to stretch the glasses (if needed) so that the nose flex piece is permanently flexed to the maximum position? I once had x metal penny with the nose piece in extreme flex position permanently and they did fit my 59cm head really comfortably altough I've read in general they're for small heads(53cm).

I wonder is it possible to stretch the glasses (if needed) so that the nose flex piece is permanently flexed to the maximum position? I once had x metal penny with the nose piece in extreme flex position permanently and they did fit my 59cm head really comfortably altough I've read in general they're for small heads(53cm).
The spring hinged arms in the penny would actually let it fit a large head, but the problem lies with the size of the actual orbitals themselves which are very reduced compared to even a juliet for example, which some even find on the small side.

I had a floppy penny with disintegrated flex couplers. Surprisingly it fits my big head even without activating the spring hinges. The small lenses however offers uncomfortable very limited coverage. I typically wear xs, xx or r1 as Juliets already give me limited coverage. As soon as I retuned the floppy penny with a tight bridge, I couldn't fit the darn thing on my head any more...

You should try Mars with 15 shocks. Mars fit and coverage are very similar to half x, with the latter offering more side coverage and forgiving fit due to spring hinges. The half x frame doesn't flex at the bridge so if you need something to accommodate slightly flatter like Asian fit then you may encounter challenges.

R2 has a fit similar to juliets and provide better coverage than juliets and Mars.

WHY3 is a flat frame, so they generally fit everyone without issues. I've got all 3 pairs of your models lying around my house so I can take some comparison pics against R2 and Half X when I get some time tonight.

Half X has flawed hinges but can be repaired (I've fixed a few pairs already; replacement hinges aren't spring loaded). R2 screws can be improvised and i'm trying to get replacements made for them. Should be available in the near future.
Are the R2 screws you are trying to source similar to the ones used in the X-Squared nose bridge? I can't seem to find those anywhere either.

I had a few OEM spare screws but they're running out very quickly - not enough to offer for sale. Lately I've been getting a few XS with dodgy screws. They're horribly jammed and the only way to get them out is to drill them :(

I had a few OEM spare screws but they're running out very quickly - not enough to offer for sale. Lately I've been getting a few XS with dodgy screws. They're horribly jammed and the only way to get them out is to drill them :(
Hence the need to source replacements, haha!

Back