• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Hard Shell Cases

MugenPWR

Oakley Beginner
ok, i realize this may be a dumb question, but i just recently picked up the graphite hard shell case. The felt liner inside is kind of rough to the touch, so i currently put my glasses in the microfiber pouch and then in the case. am i ridiculous for doing this, or is it ok for the shades to just sit inside the case? im super anal about stuff like this, and i feel silly, but let me know what you think! :tongue:

I have the same case. I use it to store some of my super rare vintage stuff. I have never had an issue with just putting the glasses in there without using the microfiber bag...

Funny thing too..... your screen name use to be on my license plate for my show/drag car.....LOL

I have to take a pix and send it to you......

I have the same case. I use it to store some of my super rare vintage stuff. I have never had an issue with just putting the glasses in there without using the microfiber bag...

Funny thing too..... your screen name use to be on my license plate for my show/drag car.....LOL

I have to take a pix and send it to you......
awesome, another honda enthusiast here. ive had a mini-me 2nd gen crx si, gsr swapped eg hatch, and currently just a slammed ek coupe with exterior mods

I always use the microfiber with any case but I'm super cautious.

cool so its not just me, good to know! lol.

I have the graphite, and headliner case, i just put my O's in there and roll up the microfiber and put that in with the frame, never noticed any scratches or anything, but i just use the hard case since I don't have a fancy Oakley case to put my glasses in, and to prevent dust buildup. I baby my O-matter's. :) I only notice hairline swirl makrs from wearing/ wiping down with the bag's.

I've been wanting to mention your name, mugen is awsum! have you seen the Spoon modded honda cr=z? they modified the suspension to a stiffer setting, improved the brakes, lowered the ride height, plus some other handling mod's that Spoon is always known for. I know they aren't so much into engine mod's as they are in handling performance. it's pretty sick looking.

I always liked the acura rs-x type s. Once in a while i'll see integra type-r's, some with the japanese front end conversion with the one piece headlights, in yellow or black. I know the older integra type r's came only in Championship white right? Honda has never been into selling their Civic Type-r's in america because of the ridiculous high price when people could spend that same mnoney on something more high performance.

Most recently, there's a guy in my town who drives what i believe to be a Nissan GT-R R35 Black edition, deep dark blue, black wheels, sick sick car.
I am in love with MKIV Supra's, twin turbo's capable of churning out 1,000HP easy. :D

awesome, another honda enthusiast here. ive had a mini-me 2nd gen crx si, gsr swapped eg hatch, and currently just a slammed ek coupe with exterior mods

Not to jump off topic, but I have been into imports since 1990...

I currenlty have a 91 Integra GS B18B, Ported and polished, Skunk stage 2 cams, je pistons, aem cam gear and pulleys, 100 hp wet shot NOS with purge, msd ignition, custom injectors, holley fuel pump, DC sports header, custom exhaust with brullen muffler. RS Akimoto custom intake with RS front mount. Aerogear vented hood Z3 fenders and hurrican tilt front clip, one piece clear JDM headlights, and rear clear taillights. Aerogear molded body kit with NSX side vents. Shaved handles,rain gutters moldings, antenna, body lines. Ground control adjustable coil over with 18" Racing Hart wheels/Toyo Proxes tires, front and rear 22mm anti sway bars and a custom front/rear upper strut tower bars. Full wrapped twead interior ( no rear seats). Stereo was pulled out and never go around to reinstalling it... I can post pix if you would like to see them in the off topic section....

I currenlty have a 91 Integra GS B18B, Ported and polished, Skunk stage 2 cams, je pistons, aem cam gear and pulleys, 100 hp wet shot NOS with purge, msd ignition, custom injectors, holley fuel pump, DC sports header, custom exhaust with brullen muffler. RS Akimoto custom intake with RS front mount. Aerogear vented hood Z3 fenders and hurrican tilt front clip, one piece clear JDM headlights, and rear clear taillights. Aerogear molded body kit with NSX side vents. Shaved handles,rain gutters moldings, antenna, body lines. Ground control adjustable coil over with 18" Racing Hart wheels/Toyo Proxes tires, front and rear 22mm anti sway bars and a custom front/rear upper strut tower bars. Full wrapped twead interior ( no rear seats). Stereo was pulled out and never go around to reinstalling it... I can post pix if you would like to see them in the off topic section....
wow, xmm a honda tuner geek! who knew! i'd love pic's.!
integra's are cool cars. I heard when you increase the HP to much on a honda, integra for example, that the wheels spin and hop to much because of the high HP and lack of grip/weight.

wow, xmm a honda tuner geek! who knew! i'd love pic's.!
integra's are cool cars. I heard when you increase the HP to much on a honda, integra for example, that the wheels spin and hop to much because of the high HP and lack of grip/weight.
personally, if you want to obsess about the weight and getting it insanely light, rip out the stereo, a/c unit, sound proofing intereior, etc. you'll be surprised how heavy that stuff is. personally i'd leave the stereo out i hate listening to the radio and use my mp3 player. although, im not a big NOS fan. i like blown engines. what model racing hart wheels do u use? i like the c-5's. great great wheel company.
love those jdm one piece lights.

personally, if you want to obsess about the weight and getting it insanely light, rip out the stereo, a/c unit, sound proofing intereior, etc. you'll be surprised how heavy that stuff is. personally i'd leave the stereo out i hate listening to the radio and use my mp3 player. although, im not a big NOS fan. i like blown engines. what model racing hart wheels do u use? i like the c-5's. great great wheel company.
love those jdm one piece lights.

For just about every 100 pounds of junk I remove I can usually get 1/10 of a second quicker....

I will send you a few pics.....

I run the Racing Hart Z5000

We are SOOO way of topic.... Oppps

Back