• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Hatchet Wire - Help with Ear Socks and Nose Bombs Please!

Yo Flawch!

Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NJ, USA
Hello everyone! I just purchased a pair of Oakley Hatchet Wire frames from an Oakley dealer that went out of business. The frames are brand new, in the plastic, but they have no ear socks or nose bombs. I checked with Oakley. They do not have any parts for the Hatchet Wire, and couldn't suggest any reasonable substitutes. Could anyone help me hunt down appropriate ear socks and nose bombs for this pair of frames? Thank you! Matt, mflacche@verizon.net

I just did the same thing. Old valve nose rubbers will work, and zero ear socks. There's also several models that have the same "O" emblem on the temples, check o-review.com. The ear socks are a little bigger than oem, and the valve nose bombs might have to be borrowed from a cheap doner pair. Parts are super hard to come by for this model. Shame.

Zero earsocks sits oerfectly in terms of length but design / shape is of course different than hatchet earsocks. Valve nose is direct replacement it share the same nose rubbers with hatchet. Another one to match that is close is the splice, mag four or mag four s will be too small to fit for hatchet. For icons get icon from split jacket or jawbones they are the same.

I'm searching... how about X-Metal nose bombs? They look like they could be close. Also, Juliet nose bombs? Also, Juliet ear socks look like they might work... any chance some of these parts might work?

I believe I ordered everything I need. I got Valve nose bombs in orange (that's all he had, but he confirmed they fit the hatchet wire), root beer ear socks from the Zero (again, he confirmed they would fit), and gunmetal icons from the Radar (hopefully they will fit). To top it all off, I got polarized fuse lenses (polycarbonate, high quality lenses) with a mirror coating similar to fire iridium. I will post photos of the finished product, if anyone wants to see them.

Latest Posts

Back