1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jummeltje

Jummeltje Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Just what the title says.

I'm orientating on buying an Oakley Hollow Point and now i'm curious if people have
    opinions about that watch?

Can somebody please send me some more 'home made' pictures of it?
    Also when wearing it?

Last edited by a moderator: 11/22/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jcesl2

jcesl2 Oakley Enthusiast

I love the way the orange one looks. I just have a hard time justifying that much money for a quartz watch.

3. tmsnewberry

tmsnewberry Oakley Enthusiast

One of the best looking watches oakley makes in my opinion. I wear mine as my daily watch over my timebomb two and gear box. A little on the heavy side but definitly a statemnet maker. People constantly as what it is.

4. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

Wow I didn't realize it was quartz. For some reason I thought it was an automatic.

I am very curious now how they justify the premium over the Minute Machine for what boils down to the same watch in a different case.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Only the TB's are auto i think...

6. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

Yeah they are...I just kind of assumed that for the price you were going to be getting into that territory.

As it is it's just a round faced Minute Machine...for $700 more.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Yeah i know what you mean. I wish more of oakley watches used the auto technology. I wuld love a auto hollowpoint or auto holeshot

8. jcesl2

jcesl2 Oakley Enthusiast

Exactly. If they are using an ETA movement in the time bomb, that movement is maybe $100 more than a quartz one. So they could have made it automatic. Must have a profit margin on that thing like an Apple product.

9. Jummeltje

Jummeltje Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Thanks for the reviews guys. So in fact it's really nothing else then a minute machine in a round case?
    Maybe a dumb question but a automatic movement means that it's setting itself automatically?

10. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

Automatic movement means that it doesn't run on battery, but on kinetic energy. It has a movement, that charges energy because you move with you wrist, there is a mechanism in it that rotate because of your movement and generates energy that way.