• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Hollywood With Elite Eyewear/Watches!

Mods - Should we have a separate section of the Forum for shops and stores to shamelessly hawk their wares, or is the General Discussion area really the best place for this kind of thing?

Perhaps a new section and a financial contribution to the Forum, rather than basically free advertising?

Just a thought.

Totally agree with Herbs. There are many forums that have his exact idea as a setup. It helps keep the companies from bombarding the forums to make money and can help the forum grow with the extra advertising income. There is a difference between us posting in the for sale section and companies posting their items for sale. Since this is a community, there is much interaction and the guy selling to another member is likely to buy from another member. They/we also contribute to the life of this forum to keep it interactive on a daily basis, not just a "Oakley Criagslist."

I suggest a different section for any businesses and an advertising fee, just like those who put banners on the forum.

Mods - Should we have a separate section of the Forum for shops and stores to shamelessly hawk their wares, or is the General Discussion area really the best place for this kind of thing?

Perhaps a new section and a financial contribution to the Forum, rather than basically free advertising?

Just a thought.

This is how camaro5 the other forum I am a part of does it. They allow members to post their sales but in the exchange section they have a separate section for sponsors and only sponsors (stores) can post their deals in there. I like the idea because it makes the forum have a little more profit to expand and make things better than hey already are.

I'm sorry guys. The reason why we are posting this kind of information is because we are a flagship store and we receive special, serial numbered items that are sometimes not available (or immediately sell out) online. We figured only Oakley enthusiasts, basically all members of this forum, would appreciate knowing where to get their hands on special items that they wouldn't have the chance to grab otherwise. Sorry we didn't mean to 'spam' the forum, we just thought you guys would appreciate the information!

I do understand, and I think we all appreciate this kind of heads-up.
As I am sure you can also appreciate the debate that this has sparked among the membership.

I think a decision needs to be taken on business activity on the Forum. So I am not picking on your store specifically, just highlighting a possible problem for the future.

No, we definitely understand and again we're sorry. We originally made this account to let people know of the special events we have here at the store (i.e. the FMJ Watch Event) but decided to give heads up on new stuff. But let us know if there will be a seperate section for this from now on. Thanks guys!

Hmmm... while OakleyHollywood007 is representing a specific store, it's not like they're selling on this forum. If you want anything they have, you have to go to the B&M store to buy it. All he/she is doing is giving you a heads up of what's at the store. It's akin to me walking to the store every day and seeing what's new and coming here and telling everyone.

I agree that there should be a separate section for online vendors, but IMO, OakleyHollywood007 isn't actually selling anything. Just another member (who happens to work for Oakley) trying to give us fans a heads up. Will it stir up sales for the store it represents? Maybe, but the intention is to just let us know they got some cool stuff so come and check it out. I know there are a few guys on here that work at the Vaults who do the same thing.

Since i live close enough, i may just stop by the store to say hello one of these days. Or if there's an event going on, i'd like to know about it so i can at least try to plan to be there.

Hmmm... while OakleyHollywood007 is representing a specific store, it's not like they're selling on this forum. If you want anything they have, you have to go to the B&M store to buy it. All he/she is doing is giving you a heads up of what's at the store. It's akin to me walking to the store every day and seeing what's new and coming here and telling everyone.

I agree that there should be a separate section for online vendors, but IMO, OakleyHollywood007 isn't actually selling anything. Just another member (who happens to work for Oakley) trying to give us fans a heads up. Will it stir up sales for the store it represents? Maybe, but the intention is to just let us know they got some cool stuff so come and check it out. I know there are a few guys on here that work at the Vaults who do the same thing.

Since i live close enough, i may just stop by the store to say hello one of these days. Or if there's an event going on, i'd like to know about it so i can at least try to plan to be there.

I completely agree with SpliceD on this, IMO what the store management is doing deserves some recognition from us Oakley fans. also I think that if this is gonna become an example for other stores then they should have their space here in a for of a win win situation not only for the store or for us fans, but for this site management as well.

Back