• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Inmate Vs Plaintiff.

plaintiff is regular aviator shaped, inmate has a bit more square glasses look on them , i like the inmates more

I was deciding on either one... but couldn't decide, so eventually i bought both in Ducati colorways. :mrgreen:
The Inmates gives a more secure fit, due to the unobtaniums on the stems.
Also, Inmates are curved, so it provides better wrap compared to the Plaintiffs which are flat front. But the Plaintiff feels more comfortable due to it's monoshock hinge, does not feel as tight if u got a fat head like me...

Size wise, both are about the same

24325520786558444601186.jpg

24113520786532843961186.jpg

Dark bronze is a non-iridium lens. Which means people can see your eyes through them. Black Iridium or VR28 Black Iridium or any other lens with Iridium in the name will have a thin layer of metal "Iridium" on the lens. This gives the lens extra protection, blocks more light, and stops people from seeing your eyes. Btw blocks more doesn't mean blocks more UV rays. All Oakley lens block 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC, and harmful blue light. Blocks more light means a lower light transmission rate. Which means its darker and lets less light through.

As said above, the Inmate and Plaintiff are 2 totally different models. One squared off and one a more rounded classic Aviator look.

And....the polished Gold w/ Warm grey combo is not discontinued. It's just normally very hard to find. They are coming out with a new special edition with these colors.

Here -------------> http://www.oakley.com/products/6750/25158

This are all facts above. I work for Oakley and have been trained in the Oakley Arts.

Hope this helps to explain Iridium.

While the Inmates are more original, I'd say the Plaintiff is the winner between the 2.

They are both made out of C5 alloy, however the Plaintiff is a lot lighter. The hinges on the Plaintiff are also much better IMO and the nose pieces don't give that squeezing affect like the Inmate does (again, because of the weight difference). The Plaintiff's also seem to have a better wrap, which fit my face better.

Back