1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tunnie

Tunnie Oakley Beginner

If you've been to Thailand and think that things are cheaper here, well that's not including Oakley. If you have a chance to visit any Oakley (unofficial) stores downtown, you'll understand. Recently I checked the price of those Infinite Hero Vault and they were around $48 (while it's $30 in the online store). FYI, I got my Romeo (frame only) for $750 and another X-Metal XX (frame only) for around $650. And they both are secondhand but in good condition.

But the other day, when I was picking up Bob Head for a member here, a local collector showed me his collection. He then started to quote me prices on most of them and asked me to write them down. Here are some of what he has and about to announce the sale only for other local collectors he knows. He said he's too old for these and he has more than one of each in his collection anyway. Here is the list of some I should mention. All NIB condition of course. (I converted the price roughly to US$ for easier understanding)

$2,000 C-Six
    $800 PitBoss
    $1,000 Over the top (Silver)
    $1,250 Over the top (Black)
    $1,000 24K X-Metal XX
    $1,650 24K Juliet
    $1,650 24K X-Squared
    $1,500 Mars Jordan
    $1,750 Ichiro Juliet (Carbon)
    $1,500 Ichiro Juliet (Polished)
    $1,450 Copper Penny

I don't know how he came out with these prices, but what I should have done is to buy one or a couple of each model available at the time it was first released (that have potential) and keep them for a while, then put on sale. that would make me a millionaire in a few years.

The thought in my mind was that the prices he quoted were too expensive, who would buy them? (I'm not going to get any of this lot for sure as they were out of my league) The most annoying thing though is that some of his friends already reserve (with deposit) for some of these items already! :eek:

I'm so envy of you guys having chances to get steals from CL or even with store promotions available there in the US. Even when I was in New York, I didn't find any of those steal, just the not-so-good promotions from Oakley Store. :(

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyBoss84

OakleyBoss84 Oakley Collector

Wow crazy prices

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I'm wondering how many of our members are pricing out plane tickets and figuring out how to bring their stuff over there? :neo:

4. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

Wow crazy prices indeed. Almost twice the SRP.

5. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

That is nuts!

6. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

He can ask what he wants...

My question is will they sell at those prices???

7. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

Makes sense why you get so many inquiries from that part of the world when you have rare items for sale on eBay.

8. Tunnie

Tunnie Oakley Beginner

Worst part is that sellers are normally not willing to ship outside US.

9. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

Thats crazy

10. UnderTheRadars

UnderTheRadars Oakley Beginner

Oakley Japan prices are very high too. Shame as their stuff is amazing