1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Maciej

Maciej Oakley Beginner

I just ordered and got my replacement lens for Airbrakes - Jade PRIZM. I took the old lens and the new one, looked at the surrounding and noticed that they do not generate the same "image". New one seems to be slightly darker than the original one... What can be possibly happening?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Best guess is it's a whole different batch.

3. Maciej

Maciej Oakley Beginner

By that you mean that there are slight variations in light transmission or perceived image in different lenses, even being the same model?

I cleaned the other one quite a few times (front of lens) with a micro-fibre cloth, could that have had any impact?

4. Maciej

Maciej Oakley Beginner

Attached a file for comparison - first one (old) seems to be more green in the reflection and other one (new one) more purple

Oakley Jade PRIZM replacement - DSC_1142.JPG

5. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

Iridium does vary a bit from batch to batch it seems. It is easier to see with colored iridium finishes imho.

6. Maciej

Maciej Oakley Beginner

Colored? What do you mean?

7. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

Jade is a metallic green as opposed to black iridium which doesn't have a "color" and differences in black iridium are therefore (imho) harder to see.

The other mid brightness Prizms (torch and sapphire) have a different base than Jade had so another possibility is that Oakley has changed Jade's base as well without updating their info.