• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbreaker, EVZero or RadarEV ??

AND, as much as I love Contador...there was nothing like watching the little pirate Pantani scoot up a mountain in the drops!!!

You know; I loved Indurain, but Marco Pantani gave me the best cycling moments ever. Do you remember his first Giro? The stage where he was able to beat Tonkov in the last mountain? Wow, it was f*cking amazing.
And look at this video I have watched recently on facebook:

Tears in my eyes...;)
Thanks for your comments.

Radar Pace. Max4321 posted a picture from this years TDF here of a rider testing them. If they allow for race radio communications this will be big.
Oakley - Tour De France Photos

You mean New Discovery... ;):behindsofa:

doping_full_getty.jpg

Hello

I didn´t notice that model, I will take a look on them right now.

What a nice picture, LOL:

You know, my english is not as good as I´d like...what do you mean with "new Discovery" ? Are you talking about the cycling team? What do you mean then...

Thanks for your comment

I agree to a point.
Sky have mastered the game plan perfected by he-who-shall-not-be-named (but rode for USPostal), of feather-bedding their leader to the finish. That's BORING, and safe, and only wins the overall.
You have to look beyond the GC contenders for any sparks of combativity.
Tell me you didn't enjoy watching some of the young guns ( Alaphillippe, Bardet, Pantano) trying to make their names.

Anywhoo, the Racing Jacket was never a contender; too much frame, too little aperture.
Radarlock; an unnecessary complexity of the Radar for no gain in function or style.
EVZero; pretty cool and all, but no interchangability of lenses makes for expensive replacement when you crash.
Radar EV and Jawbreaker are great, but not $200 better than the Radar and/or M Frame already in the locker...

Ok, there were interesting moments with the new cyclist you comment, but I was talking about the really important: the Yellow. And sorry, but in my opinion, it has been horrible. Except the "duathlon" moment, the rest of Tour was unbearable. And what about the decision of the judges about this? OMG!

Talking about glasses I agree with you, but the Jawbreaker is the cheapest. you can get them from 125 €.

Thanks for your comments.

The thing about the Racing Jacket is that it's retired. I would say, though, that the Radarlock is indeed obsolete
There's not really anything it does better than the EV. Only reason to market it is to help sell leftover stock.

Oakley Radar EV Pitch Review

Not sure why Contador kept leaning to the Radarlock. But yeah, I became completely disinterested in the Tour after he had to drop out...again. He's had some very s***ty luck since like 2013. Not thrilled about Froome winning, but years of everyone failing to find fault in his legitimacy leaves me at "whatever". I do still think a healthy and prime Contador is greater, but we're not likely to ever see that match-up. Froome's hardly made decisive mistakes in winning, and if that were the case, I bet people would be slamming him even more. So really, as boring as his victories are, lame as his media comments can be, and as stupid as his pedaling looks, he's faultless.

I'd also be more careful with the wording in OP's article because pitting the EV as a "competitor" to the Jawbreaker isn't so accurate. It's an alternative. Doesn't make sense for a brand to make it's own selection compete against itself.

Contador is using the Radar EV for competition, but in the picture is using a Radarlock, and in another momients, I have watched him

Froom is absolutely the lawful winner, but the support of his team is an evidence. It´s not normal 4-5 co-equipiers in the last 3 km¡¡¡ I have never seen that before in 30 years.

I disagree Contador could beat them right now although he was healthy, but who knows.

Well, talking about the "competitor" word, it´s just a word looking for some comments ;) like yours. Of course it´s an alternative.

Thank you for your comment.

Sky have been perfecting their formula for the last 5 years and everbody knows how they are going play it out, have the confidence to get the yellow Jersey as early as possible and it's up to the other teams to beat it.
Hopefully therefore providing the viewer with some excitement.

Froome attacked on the descent to win a stage , got across to Sagan on the hardest flat stage to finish second, finish 2nd and 1st in the two time trials and is the best climber.
Doing all this whilst having the pressure of the leadership and having to sit in about 3rd position whenever the going got tough

My disappointment is with the other G.C contenders lack of guts/legs/imagination.

Last edited:
Hello

I didn´t notice that model, I will take a look on them right now.

What a nice picture, LOL:

You know, my english is not as good as I´d like...what do you mean with "new Discovery" ? Are you talking about the cycling team? What do you mean then...

Thanks for your comment
Yea, if you look at how Sky rides as a group, etc they look very much like Lance's Discovery team. Froome looks a lot like Lance in certain aspects as well...hence the picture and three titles with ease. ;) I'm waiting for one of his coke cans to show up on ebay:behindsofa:

I

Back