• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbreaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
When cycling, much of the time is spent with the head down, eyes looking up/forward. The Jawbreaker has great coverage of the areas important to cyclists.

Got a pair of these last week, first bike ride with them yesterday and I was a little disappointed. The bottom part of the frame gets in the way when looking over my shoulder, I have to move my head a little further to see clearly. Also I can see the sides of the frame in my peripheral vision, like wearing a small pair of blinkers.
They look amazing, much better than they do in any photos I've seen, I'll definitely keep using them. But for me, as a pair of cycling sunnies, they are not perfect. M frames or Radarlock XLs are better.

But for me, as a pair of cycling sunnies, they are not perfect. M frames or Radarlock XLs are better.
It's funny you say this because last week I used a pair of Radarlocks for the first time in months. To me they felt far inferior to the Jawbreaker. The back of the temples hit my helmet, the vents were annoyingly visible, and so was the frame. Coverage is also far better on Jawbreakers.

Yeah, I'm not so keen on the Radarlock. The top of the frame sits very low for me, I use the thicker nose piece to raise them up a bit. The XL sorts this out for me. Gets the frame out of the way, I can hardly see it at all. They were a bit of a revelation when I got my first pair last year. I really wish Oakley would make more of them. I think they only have one in their current line up.
Oh and I'm not so worried about coverage, it's peripheral vision that's important for me. Different people looking for different things from their sunnies. :)

anyone with knowledge of upcoming stuff, but not yet on the website, know of a replacement lens that would be good for very low light (like the old G40 or persimmon colour). I have a clear lens and the PRIZM Road but want something in between. I used to have the G40 with my Cavendish radarlocks (which were awesome) but have just sold those.

Also, is the black iridium lens they have for sale a grey base, or something else? Similar question for the Sapphire - I read on o-review that it is dark violet but that seems unique to the sapphire lens so I guess that is dark?. I couldn't find anything detailing the lens tints specifically for the jawbreaker lenses.

I have a clear lens and the PRIZM Road but want something in between.

Try prizm trail - they make a dark day look sunny.

Also, is the black iridium lens they have for sale a grey base, or something else? Similar question for the Sapphire - I read on o-review that it is dark violet but that seems unique to the sapphire lens so I guess that is dark?.

BI and Sapphire for jawbreaker should be the same as they are for other frames. BI will have a grey base. Sapphire is kinda interesting; the base does look a little violet when you hold them up in front of you, but you don't really notice the tint wash when you're wearing them. They're kinda like prizm without being prizm. At 13% trans they aren't as dark as BI.

As far as availability of any of these colors for jawbreaker, I haven't looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back