• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbreaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were available in store. With my current two pairs I might not use them right away, but nice to have. The neon orange is really bold.

Truth be told I don't think the stems ever need replacement because the unobtanium is glued on. It's not like regular earsocks that will elongate and slip over time.

20160212_125830.jpg

Peeping around....
Oakley-OO9290-JAWBREAKER-929018.jpg

Believe this is going to be the TdF pair given the bag I saw it with....but saw no etching. Product pic is a bit of a giveaway that it will be a general release (OO9290-18).

Team USA pair is floating out there, too (OO9290-16). It's like the Team Canada version on O-Review, but with a white base under a red and blue pattern (as opposed to black). Latches and stems are red, jaw is navy. Can't source a product pic on that, though. It's a little underwhelming as a print imo.

Both are running Prizm Road.

Has anyone removed the pin or screw that holds the piece that hinges to adjust earstem length? I am wanting to switch some parts around but don't want to damage the frame without knowing how to do it or if it can be done successfully.

If it can be removed does it become loose/susceptible to falling out when reinserting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just push out the pins with a small nail. Only thing is once you pressed out the pin, even when you put the pin back ,its not as tight. Never had issue with pin falling out, just not super super tight as it was, before it was taken out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I ever picked up a beater pair, I considered shaving off the inner side of the latch and running a screw+nut setup there. Everyone would be like "whoa metal" "whoa screws"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back