• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet Corvette Edition Carbon W/ 24K Iridium 12-628

Robert De Marco

Oakley Beginner
Did all of the Juliet Corvette glasses come with a serial number? There are a pair on Fleabay that the owner states they are authentic without a serial number.

He doesn't have the box either. So at that point, you have carbon frames with 24k lenses. Up to you if you want to believe him. I wouldn't. :blink:

jcesl2
I trust everyone as far as I can throw them. I have bought many a pair of discontinued Oakley from Ebay and have had several bad experiences where I had to make claims. I am sure glad I found this forum the other day.

Dyeraudio
I thought every pair of "JC" had a serial number, I just wanted to be sure.

Well, its possible that for some reason there are a couple pairs out there with no serial. Warrantly repair, they replaced the ear stem, no serial. Quality control failure. Someone posted yesterday that they have a pair they bought at the store in the box with no serial.

Me personally, I would never buy a pair without the serial for more then $300. That would probably be the resale value anyway for a carbon frame with 24k lenses. Unless it had the corvette logo etched on the lens. Wasn't it the first 25 that had that?

Yeah unless you could confirm with a serial and/or box, I wouldn't pay too much. You can always buy a standard Carbon frame and have Dr. Chop cut you some 24K custom cuts for under $100 which is what I did. Must say, the Carbon/24K Juliets are my favorite out of my collection of 15 X Metals.

Slippery slope... got a flame suit?

There was no lens etching on the 24K AFAIK..... The "real" Corvette Juliet was a Ruby lens with 1 of 3 etchings.... One owned by member Factory Pilot carries this etching.....

ara2u2av.jpg

Latest Posts

Back